Alias "hands on hip" to "hand on hip", "hands on waist" to "hand on waist"

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Had actually started a thread about making them distinct two months ago but that never got a reply.

Agree about these aliases if no distinction is made. And thanks for making me notice hand(s) on waist.
Background Pony #6105
@Roseluck  
Yeah, those make me question whether it is me who’s bad at anatomy, or if it’s the taggers. I thought “waist” was centered on the navel, and “hips” are the pelvic bone’s widest points.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #6105  
Probably the taggers. And probably because they forgot/didn’t realize the tag existed. hand on hip shows up on 6000+ uploads, hand(s) on waist on either 102 or 79. Not many people will learn about it.

And just forgetfulness I guess. I’d have probably tagged this picture with hand on hip if a Background Pony didn’t do it first because I forgot waists were even a thing (in English at least), even though Rainbow’s right hand is clearly around Applejack’s waist rather than around her hip.

(Her left hand on the other hand, yeah, can’t tell which of the two it’d be.)
Background Pony #6105
@Mildgyth  
I started to write a reply, but the more I thought about it, the less it seemed to matter.

In my opinion, the waist is a more intimate body area than the hips, so in non-safe images especially, it has a different mood to me. Of course, that’s subjective.

It also makes a difference whether it’s one’s own hand(s) or someone else’s, but that’s not accounted for in the tags and would be getting convoluted. (There are plenty of other tags related to touching that similarly make no distinction.)

Then there are cases when it’s factually correct (eg. NSFW >>2658046) but not the “hand(s) on hip(s)” pose, which makes it even less focused.

So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide