What the Fluff?
"[@Velvet":](/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641201#post_2641201
[bq="Velvet"]
) " 

> [
@Vinyl Fluff":](/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641124#post_2641124
)
>
This tag is highly unnecessary and situational. These types of nipples are usually stylistic and are intending to be visible.

>
And even if you argue that they could be for non furred creatures and just say "non detailed nipples." we're getting down to e621 levels of specifics for stylistic choices. This just isn't needed. [/bq]

My main reason for wanting the tag was to enable a way to distinguish normal nipples versus this style which is used quite often for reptiles and non-mammal characters. I haven't polled every artist, but when used in such a manner it seems to be less an abstract concept of the nipple, and more about keeping the "reptilianness" of the character, despite having breasts. Or potentially to keep the lines smooth.

In the case of mammals, such as the original image I used as an example, it's a bang-on benefit because it also applies to them.

We've got an inverted nipples tag to distinguish them from normal nipples, this is in a similar vein.
No reason given
Edited by Vinyl Fluff
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
"@Velvet":/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641201#post_2641201
[bq="Velvet"] "@Vinyl Fluff":/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641124#post_2641124
This tag is highly unnecessary and situational. These types of nipples are usually stylistic and are intending to be visible.
And even if you argue that they could be for non furred creatures and just say "non detailed nipples." we're getting down to e621 levels of specifics for stylistic choices. This just isn't needed. [/bq]
My main reason for wanting the tag was to enable a way to distinguish normal nipples versus this style which is used quite often for reptiles and non-mammal characters. I haven't polled every artist, but when used in such a manner it seems to be less an abstract concept of the nipple, and more about keeping the "reptilianness" of the character, despite having breasts. Or potentially to keep the lines smooth.

We've got an inverted nipples tag to distinguish them from normal nipples, this is in a similar vein.
No reason given
Edited by Vinyl Fluff
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
"@Velvet":/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641201#post_2641201
[bq="Velvet"] "@Vinyl Fluff":/tagging/general-tag-discussion/post/2641124#post_2641124
My main reason for wanting the tag was to enable a way to distinguish normal nipples versus this style which is used quite often for reptiles and non-mammal characters. We've got an inverted nipples tag to distinguish them from normal nipples, this is in a similar vein.
No reason given
Edited by Vinyl Fluff