General Tag Discussion

FeelinnGlad
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Artist -

Time-depleted
Perhaps a newbie question, but I’m still a bit confused about what exactly derpibooru exclusive tag means.
As far as I got it, initially it means that the artwork was posted on Derpibooru first. But when I upload it elsewhere (maybe even the next minute) I must link the DBooru post? Or is this just the “first upload” privilege? Then I’ve got plenty of art to tag…
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt
That’s not what the tag description says:
“Any image that was posted directly to Derpibooru by its creator, and as such the original source of the image is Derpibooru itself. This still applies if someone else re-uploads the image elsewhere, such as Twitter or e621, as long as the original creator only posts it here.” [emph. mine]
So, if the artist uploads it somewhere else, it is no longer derpibooru exclusive.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
I think the rule about no longer being Derpibooru exclusive when uploaded elsewhere by the author exists because images tagged “Derpibooru exclusive” are expected to have the source field empty. But when the author uploads it to another website, that website should be listed as the source.
Personally I see no harm in keeping the tag in such a situation, but I do agree that the new website should be added as a source.
Chopsticks
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
This comment will probably read as ridiculously silly to some because of the nature of the topic and how I word things, but I promise it isn’t needless spam, even if it is funny.
I recently discovered the butt fluff tag.
I was trying to figure out how much and of what pronouncement of fluff constitutes the application of this tag as I’m quite fond of it now that I’ve seen it, though I’m not sure what purpose it serves.
(@LightningBolt you in particular seem to be fond of this tag since you are tagging your art with it; I wonder if you know it’s origins or possible purpose.)
A great majority of images with the tag seem to have accentuated specific tufts of floof around the curvature of the hip (plot), while areas like the back and thigh are unfluffed, and the tag seems to largely be applied to a handful of specific artists. Observe Exhibits A, B, C:
But there are a scant few instances in which complete body fluffiness has reached such levels that there is ample fluffing around the whole body or area of back and thigh, to then automatically include a semblance of butt fluff no matter how slight. Observe Exhibits D, E, F:
In particular, in Exhibit F (the last image), said butt fluff is a complete body texture. If butt fluff is to be applied in this manner, then, sweet Celestia that means a number of MYM G5 images would also warrant the tag, such as Exhibit G:
When I saw that someone tagged one of my older art pieces with butt fluff, I assumed that this was something to apply to many of my drawings and I started to… but now I’ve stopped to question. The tag itself does not have a description, and is probably severely underused. What is appropriate butt fluff to warrant the tag? (no image of Fluffle Puff has the tag, a literal ball of fluff with such abundant butt fluff that any plot features are hidden)
Kinda wish there were searchable levels of fluffiness to artwork in general, but that would be an impossible set of tags to apply.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Chopsticks
Hi. My approach for tagging it on my art is if there is a specific emphasis on longer or shaggier fur on the butt in any location, treated similarly to chest fluff’s tagging logic generally. Whether or not this is how everyone uses it, I am unsure, but I assume a similar level of context and detail for all * fluff related tags.
In my case, all the little zigzags emphasize longer fur. That means hoof fluff, cheek fluff, ear fluff, and wing fluff too.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Chopsticks
I would apply the same logic as chest fluff, ear fluff or any other fluff tags. The problem is that I don’t know what that logic is. If the pony in question is fluffy in most places, do we tag all the fluffy places?
If I was searching for butt fluff, I wouldn’t mind seeing ponies that are fluffy in many places, though I wouldn’t count regular G5 fur texture as “fluffy”. Similarly, I’m not sure if your exhibit F counts as fluffy, because fluff is so slight in relation to the whole image that it’s only visible on maximum zoom level (though then it’s noticeable).
Ponylooker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Platinum bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We Crossdress Harder
@Blissful690
Since sukumizu is an abbreviation of “school mizugi”, and mizugi just means “swimsuit”, I’d recommend aliasing sukumizu into school swimsuit. That would neatly take care of outliers such as >>2986370.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
I have a question. Why are earlier concepts of canon characters or characters cut from the shows/movies being tagged as OCs in some of the uploaded images here? For example, some of Gilda’s official concept art and so are some of the cut longma characters from the G5 movie.
They’re not fan made OCs. They were made by official staff that worked on these shows/movies. They’re just earlier designs or cut concepts. That would be like going through a bunch of images of Firefly drawn in the G4 style and tagging it as OC, no? It just doesn’t make sense to me at least.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Toastypk
Here’s the thing, he didn’t appear in the final movie. He was scrapped from it entirely. The only way people found out about him was through early concept art leaks (and the leaks were proven real since some G4 and Equestria Girls images were in that same leak as well).
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Toastypk
Here’s the thing, he didn’t appear in the final movie. He was scrapped from it entirely.
That’s what I mean, I know he isn’t in the movie but was almost a thing based on some sort of art. I’ve just never seen him in that context before.
Still though I wouldnt use the OC tag. Beta official characters should probably not be OC.
Conner Cogwork

I was told I needed to discuss this in the tagging forums before I went any further with my tagging operation. I THINK this is the thread to discuss it in? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Hi, hello, I’ve spent the past three months tagging 100 to 150 semi-anthro pics a day with the ‘Arm Hoooves’ tag. I’d gotten to over four year’s worth of content done before I was told by a mod that I… shouldn’t be doing this? Which, I still find very confusing.
Semi-anthro implies there is still SOME degree of anthro at play in a pic. My approach has been, if there is a visible shoulder, and it obviously ends in a hoof, then it’s an arm hoof. Full stop. This applies to any anthro or semi-anthro tagged pic.
I’ve been trying to stay clear of pics tagged simply ‘Pony’, and have even removed the semi-anthro tag from certain instances. I’ll skip over any pic where the end of the arm is not clear and visible, or is obviously not a hoof.
Is this wrong? I was told I shouldn’t be tagging semi-anthro pics with Arm Hooves. I do not follow this logic. They HAVE Arm Hooves, so why shouldn’t I? Can someone explain this to me?
It’s my hope to petition to make Arm Hooves an auto-included tag whenever the Semi-Anthro tag is used or added. I uh, don’t use these forums much, so I’m not sure where exactly to make such a petition. But that can wait.
I’ve stopped my tagging routine as asked, but I’m hoping for some clarification soon. I still have 6 to 7 years worth of semi-anthro content to go through.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide