General Tag Discussion

Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Archonix  
Because they kept denying attempts to create a tag that would describe same thing (bodyshape that is !\*anthro,!human\*,!eqg) but apply to non-ponies instead.

I.e. staff refused to both allow “pony”, and kept wiping the new tag.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Barhandar  
You blame us for that, but it’s more so because of how many goddamned users have dictated this by their filters for ages now.

Pony is still a species tag tho so it doesn’t get tagged on other species.

I’ve never been against a ‘quadruped’ or ‘feral’ tag personally. I’d appreciate if you didn’t act as if all of us have the same opinions or reasons for things.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@LightningBolt  
I’m saying “staff” to not state the specific user who was doing this :V  
>Pony is still a species tag tho so it doesn’t get tagged on other species.

No it isn’t. Which is another problem with it - it’s a bodyplan tag (i.e. in line with “anthro” and “humanized”) but it looks like a species tag (in line with “zebra” and “yak”).

P.S. Feral is for wild animals. I will never stop making jokes relating to that because furries won’t ever stop using it to mean “non-anthro” either.  
Also, the universal tag for that case would be “zoomorphic” (or “zoionomorphic”), animal-shaped.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Barhandar  
Those are also species too.

Again, literally the only issue here is that pony isn’t tagged on anthro for stupid filter reasons and I haven’t seen any quadruped related debates in well over a year so I can’t say for that. If you want to make a new thread discussing it, go right ahead.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

I’ve noticed a couple times lately where uploaders try making their own namespaces. The first case was with >>2240402, where the uploader has “commissioner: “ and “writer: “ tags, despite there being no associated text. This uploader has been doing this for a while with other pictures. The second case is with this uploader, who is adding tags including “oc owner:” and “commission for:”, along with some other tagging mistakes that you’d expect from an inexperienced uploader. I’m just wondering if any of these namespaces are worth keeping.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Litrojia  
Hmm. The “writer:*” tag seems to have originally been added to comics where the artist and the writer are different people, which can be useful, but I don’t think it should apply to images where there’s no, well, no writing.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
The second case is with this uploader, who is adding tags including “oc owner:” and “commission for:”, along with some other tagging mistakes that you’d expect from an inexperienced uploader. I’m just wondering if any of these namespaces are worth keeping.

These images are a goldmine, in a way. You clean up a bunch of tags in them. Then you click on a random image you’ve already checked and you discover another bunch of misspelled and otherwise wrong tags you somehow missed on the first time. You fix them. Click another image, find another bunch of improper tags… repeat until you’re exhausted.

I don’t hate people uploadig images, but sometimes I can’t comprehend how some people can mess up so many tags so quickly. They don’t do it out of malice, they just don’t know yet how to tag. That, combined with flooding, is a dangerous combination.

Now I hope I didn’t make any mess while I was cleaning up those.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@JP  
Yeah, that was my experience earlier trying to fix those tags too. Some people just don’t get Derpibooru and really miss the mark with tagging.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Frustration in Excelsis  
I used it in one case where a comic artist needed a very specific set of dialogue for a comic. I had no part in the writing of the comic itself, just the dialogue.

So which is right: author:* or writer:*?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Archonix  
Well, I’m surprised to see that I apparently posted this in the tagging thread instead of Ask the Mods Important Questions where I thought I’d posted it, but you could also just take a few seconds to consider that it’s a site rule question which almost certainly applies to a lot of other images and therefore does more good asked in public than in private. There are a whole two or three mods/admins who ever bother to follow up with a reply on that kind of report with anything other than bitching about the fact that a report was filed in the first place, and you sure as hell weren’t one of them.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@LightningBolt  
Can you please create the following tags:  

level 1 (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:  
full  
Belongs solely to oc:blackjack

level 2 (fo:e: project horizons)

level 4 (eclipse) (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:  

(Levels 2 is the first one, and Level 4 [Eclipse] is the second one.)

level 3 (harbinger cyberpunk) (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:  
full  
Belongs solely to oc:dawn enclave

level 4.5, light model (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:  
full

Belongs solely to oc:lighthooves.  
(This also shows Blackjack under Level 4 [Eclipse], but oc:lighthooves [left] is the one under Level 4.5.)

level 4.5, dark model (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:  
full

Belongs solely to oc:lighthooves.  
(Darker version of the white Level 4.5.)

level 5 (fo:e: project horizons)

Reference image:

full

Since I will be uploading more pictures like this, I would like to have these tags all available.

Thanks in advance! 🙂
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide