General Tag Discussion

Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
@LightningBolt  
Same, I hadn’t heard of those fetlock terms either but it’s nice to know they exist!

@saby  
So in reality what you’re saying is what’s being described are “undhorn fetlocks”, not “hoof fluff”. And the “hoof fluff” tag should be removed from all image instances except the rare case “unshorn fetlocks” aren’t involved with fluff around the hooves?

If so, then I’ll need to revert all my art uploads from “hoof fluff” to “unshorn fetlocks” instead. I only used the former because someone added that tag and it was the first time I encountered it.

At the time I liked “hoof fluff” because at the time I thought it was distinct from the type of long fetlocks you see on a draft horse (Big Mac). But apparently “fetlocks” only refer to the fur on the back, not all the way around.

Encyclopedias on horses apparently call it “feathering”, Wikipedia describes it as:

Feathering is not to be confused with fetlocks, which are small amounts of hair only at the back of the leg, right above the hoof. Feathering can usually be seen completely surrounding the hoof. They appear to be coarse like the mane or tail, but are actually soft and silky.

But I guess “feathering” would be confusing since magical pony lands have Pegasi. But in the past I assumed we use “hoof fluff” to describe what horse experts call “feathering”.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Markiz93  
Neither should imply Lego, as we tag a work’s name for characters from it, and so ponifications that aren’t lego in the slightest would screw up the implication. As for implying The Lego Movie on the second one, I don’t think that’s a good idea either, as then there wouldn’t be a distinct tag for the first one; it does make sense to alias the second one’s tag to the correct name, of course.
Background Pony #6D10
NSFW  
>>2393752  
Does anyone know a tag for that hand gesture? Showing how big something is/was?  
Still not aware of any other “this big” tag other than “this big”… anyone know any that fits the context?
Background Pony #6D10
@saby  
That would be a new one, right?  
I was trying to see if there are any that already exist :)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide