General Tag Discussion

🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
swirly markings probably should, although, it would need to get removed from a few pictures where there aren’t any coat markings, like >>1906972, >>2223022, >>2243866, etc.
swirls definitely shouldn’t imply coat markings, it’s just for the shape in general.
That’s a good summary. Thank you :)
Yeah upon thinking about it more, swirls is probably more general than just the straight-up swirly markings.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
Should the tag 3ds be only used when a Nintendo 3DS is depicted (which is my opinion), or is it also acceptable to tag it on pictures that were drawn on a 3DS (which is a way some people have used the tag)?
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
I think it’s neither and instead just a ‘Robin Hood hat’ (apparently named “bycocket”), just seen from the front. Would fit with the ‘sword and cape’ theme going on.
I don’t think there’s a tag for it, but I’ve not checked all five pages under *hat*. Not sure there’s enough results to warrant a tag, even with Robin Hood’s (which apparently is used to actually mean the hat sometimes), but then again it’s not like it’d be easy to check how many uploads have this hat…
If the tag needs to be made, I’d say robin hood hat is the better name of the two. But I’d wait for more/mod input beforehand.
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
I think it’s neither and instead just a ‘Robin Hood hat’ (apparently named “bycocket”), just seen from the front. Would fit with the ‘sword and cape’ theme going on.
I don’t think there’s a tag for it, but I’ve not checked all five pages under *hat*. Not sure there’s enough results to warrant a tag, even with Robin Hood’s (which apparently is used to actually mean the hat sometimes), but then again it’s not like it’d be easy to check how many uploads have this hat…
If the tag needs to be made, I’d say robin hood hat is the better name of the two. But I’d wait for more/mod input beforehand.
Thanks for this Roseluck :)
I’ll take the tricorne tag off for now :)
Posted Report
Snowy Comet
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Connoisseur of Thinn
I’d like an opinion on whether these two images should have the “vore” and “vore sequence” tags:
(spoilered because I don’t know if they’re too much for this thread)
Derpibooru’s definition of the “vore” tag is:
A living being mostly in another or otherwise being eaten.
And neither of these images depict any living thing entering another. Whether the building Twilight swallows contains anything alive or not is up to the viewer’s interpretation so I thought replacing the “vore” tag with “implied vore” here fit the tags’ definitions best. Would appreciate a second opinion though.
Similar concern applies for the “vore sequence” tag but it has no implications set up so it’s unclear if that one’s intended to be exclusively for “vore” that matches the main “vore” tag’s definition or if it also should include broader things like “object vore”.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #D58D
Although this is true, I think the situations are different because:
  1. There are only a few dozen pictures tagged Commodore 64 so it is not a lot of work to look them over if someone wants to find specifically depictions of it vs. images made by it, whereas there are >500 posts tagged 3DS
  2. In my opinion, images created on (or mimicking) a Commodore 64 will have a very distinct appearance, whereas images created on a 3DS will not have any particular style or appearance
Posted Report
Background Pony #D58D
@Blissful690
Check the description in oc:maría teresa de los ponyos paguetti. The origin of this is basically because someone wrote that sentence in an English forum.
@Background Pony #52BA
Regardless of the popularity of one device or another, or the aesthetics of the drawings made on them, I think it still has a common tag for both.
In another case, it occurs to me to be more specific like: Nintendo 3ds (console) But does this contemplate its representation in drawings or does it also apply with photos? What 3ds model is it? I think console It is already more direct, you just need to filter well what you are looking for.
Posted Report
Background Pony #D58D
@Background Pony #52BA
In your second point you also have to take into account that each artist try to has their own style, regardless of whether they are using the same tools.
Yea, Commodore 64 and 3DS has a characteristic style, so ¿does this idea have to be applied in other drawing tools on consoles and/or computers? I mean, would the drawings in Mario Paint also follow the same logic?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@TheGamerPainter
Not necessarily. Could be standing out. Could be just peeking out. Could be held out. Could be taking a little walk all on its own, out and about, if you will.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
When you find a piece without a credited artist or source*, and reverse searches can’t find it, but the image has an artist signature on it but you can’t be sure if you’re reading it correctly - whether because it’s hard to make out/ambiguous/illegible, or because it might have lookalike characters that you’re not reading correctly (eg. cyrillic), or because it might not exactly match the artist’s account name anywhere…
…is there a way to write that into the tags in a way that indicates “I want to try crediting this person but this tag might not be correct”? Just addding it as artist:xxxx seems too authoritative.
*and there is effectively no hope of asking the uploader to tag it, because it’s a BP and is of OCs for which there is a pattern of refusal to tag artists
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
Hmm, hard to say. I’d probably either tag it with something like “suspected artist:xxxx” or “artist:xxxx” + “artist needed”. Plus I’d definitely explain the situation in the comments.
EDIT: Actually, instead of “artist:xxxx” + “artist needed”, it would be better to use something like “artist:xxxx” + “artist guessed” or “artist uncertain”. And of course still add a note in the comments.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

BPs who regularly upload art with no attempt at artist credit whatsoever– especially from shit like desuarchive– should get an IP ban, they’re scum.
Posted Report
Vauria

vibrating implies animated but routinely gets tagged on still images where a character is supposed to be vibrating (>>2903297 >>2862810) or a vibrator is being used vibrating + vibrator
Should the former images use shaking, suddering or shivering/quivering instead? If vibrator should be used instead for all the latter, what do with images using improvised sex toys (>>2742099 Explicit) or other means of vibration (>>2478624 Questionable) instead of proper vibrators? Should vibrating be renamed to make it more clear it’s primarily for gifs?
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@Vauria
Good question. Even more than just implying animated, vibrating has it written in its description that it’s for animated images only, too… (In some other cases tag implications are just because they’re forgotten too often, and it’s OK to remove them afterward.)
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide