Merge multiple "spaceship" variations

UnderwoodART
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
ufo and space shuttle should imply spaceship
enterprise requires defining as not the uss enterprise
Justification:
“starfighter” appears to be a Star Wars umbrella term, but I don’t see the point in defining Star Wars ships separately when star wars + spaceship would have the same result. The same is true for “starship”, Star Trek’s variation of the word, when star trek + spaceship will give the desired result.
“space ship” and “spacecraft” are variations of “spaceship” and merely dilute the tag.
“ufo” and “space shutting” are also a spaceships, but imply a specific and iconic design (like the x-wing tag).
“enterprise” is being incorrectly used for the starship, when “uss enterprise” already exists, and the series is tagged star trek: enterprise. It should be reserved for non-Star Trek uses, such as the boat and the space shuttle, and should be described as such to avoid further misuse. However, as other Star Trek ships with the Enterprise name exist (ISS, NX), renaming “uss enterprise” to “enterprise (star trek)” is a possibility, but I don’t think the tags are large enough to warrant that attention.
I am going to personally fix the “enterprise” tag now (38 images), erase ncc-1701 (4; same as “uss enterprise”) and starshipmare (starship ponies and mare already exist).
This took me so long to write out…
UnderwoodART
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
Having gone through all the trouble of changing the “enterprise” tag, I’m now wondering if it was the right call. I thought I saw more instances of non-starship art, and now I’ve discovered there are enterprise d, enterprise e, uss enterprise d, and uss enterprise e tags (and others following that pattern)… And don’t even get me started on this tagging nightmare.
Oh my god, and now I’m discovering the fucking naval Enterprise is called “USS” as well (I got confused with my country’s prefix). Fuck me.
Well, something had to change either way, since there was a “uss” and non-“uss” tag for the same thing… These are the options I see now:
  1. Merge all “uss” versions into the non-“uss” ones to reverse my changes and leave the enterprises mixed
  2. Commit to the changes and merge the non-“uss” tags into the “uss” ones, but leave “enterprise” for the non-Star Trek ships
  3. Merge all “uss” versions into non-“uss” ones, but rename “uss enterprise” to “enterprise (star trek)”, leaving “enterprise” for the non-Star Trek ships
5 hours of my life for nothing. Anyway, I’ll happily make a list of all the tags that need changing based on the option chosen (or do it myself, besides option 1 - uss enterprise is now 100 images). Personally I would choose to hyphenate the letter too (ie. “uss enterprise-d”), much like x-wing is hyphenated, but this is really burning me out at this point. I’ll clean up the mess, just tell me which to do.
[Edit] Also there’s the ship classes being tagged, like galaxy class, which adds another wrinkle. Not all galaxy-class ships are the Enterprise-D, but the reverse is true. This means all the lettered tags could be merged into their class tags, making the search like “enterprise + galaxy class”. Or the class tags are too far, and they should all be merged into a generic “Star Trek + spaceship” pool.
I’m losing my mind over this Star Trek tag spaghetti.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide