Merging Multiples

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
Since my last thread was getting out of hand, I’m going to post my non-plural suggestions here. I will update one post within the day and add a new comment on separate days as and when I find issues.
practice, practice drawing, practice art, art test, practice sketch are all–generally speaking–used for people to post sketches. I suggest merging them all into sketch, as full-colour images already exist in that tag (for whatever reason, eg. >>2851218), and “true” sketches should be tagged with lineart too.
The problem with these tags is that practice is also used for art of characters ‘practicing’, so already this tag of nearly 400 requires manual retagging. test also exists as both ‘art of a test’ and sketches (eg. >>2683245), as does experiment (eg. >>2789368), so clearly these tags need to be defined and split.
For the other definitions, I suggest merging gym and martial arts “practice” into exercise, and a new tag academia for exams and scientific “experiments”, “tests”, research, etc.
This is obviously a huge undertaking, though, which I would be willing to help with.
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
mwah should alias kissing (I’m very sad there isn’t a ‘chef’s kiss’ tag)
abstract art merged into abstract (because what will it be if not art)
nightpony merged into batpony (unless there’s a defining factor of separation)
white fur and white coat are treated as indistinct, though ‘coat’ should apply to equines and ‘fur’ to longer-haired spcies, and don’t even get me started on the non-feathered tagging of griffons. Unless the two can be separated and defined (preferable but worksome), I suggest merging into white body, and the same can be said of all colour variants of these tags.
sailor suit merged into sailor uniform
Background Pony #A0A3
@UnderwoodART
“alias” means the tag will never show up on an image because if you try to add it, it gets replaced by another tag.
“imply” means that when you add the tag, another tag automatically gets added in addition.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@Background Pony #A0A3
Thanks, I’ll try to remember, but my brain ain’t so good at ’memberin
flag pole -> flagpole (smaller but proper spelling)
flag waving was supposed to be “someone waving a flag”, but it has multiple instances of “flags blowing in the wind”. It needs to imply flag and be clearly defined, with blown flags moved to flag. waving flag, which I retagged the only instance of, should also alias flag. (See, I couldn’t even remember the terms that long, I had to check.)
striped background and two toned background should imply simple background
rainbow mane has been aliased into rainbow hair. If that’s the case, should all ___ mane be merged into their ___ hair equivalents? And if we are abandoning equineisms, should all ___ coat (and ___ skin) also be merged into ___ body?
fishnet pantyhose should alias fishnets
Also, what’s the distinction between 3D and 3D model? Surely everything will be a model unless it’s purely a landscape (which still is, but I get it), and that should get its own tag as the minority. I can understand the differentiation between render and a screenshot or such, but surely every 3D image is of a model.
jrpg should alias rpg
Background Pony #A0A3
striped background and two toned background should imply simple background
That’ll depend whether “simple background” continues to mean “perfectly uniform single-color background” (its current definition) a.k.a. “flat background”, or if it’ll be extended to more types of background (being discussed in this other thread)
rainbow mane her been aliased into rainbow hair. If that’s the case, should all ___ mane be merged into their ___ hair equivalents? And if we are abandoning equineisms, should all ___ coat (and ___ skin) also be merged into ___ body?
…or hooves/legs/arms (eg. “crossed hooves”/“crossed arms”)…whether to merge equine tag variants is a big, unanswered question AFAIK.
Also, what’s the distinction between 3D and 3D model? Surely everything will be a model unless it’s purely a landscape (which still is, but I get it), and that should get its own tag as the minority. I can understand the differentiation between render and a screenshot or such, but surely every 3D image is of a model.
I was just wondering the same thing. Without further clarification, they’re almost totally redundant.
Here’s what I was thinking about proposing for a tag definition but I wasn’t confident about how to word it:
“Images meant to document a computer graphics 3D model, with emphasis on the model itself, rather than being set in a scene and without artistic lighting. For physical, real-world creations, use craft.”
Any thoughts on that?
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@Background Pony #A0A3
Thanks, I’ve chimed in on that thread, for what good that does.
I guess crossed forelimbs sort of works, but it’s a bit awkward, and you wouldn’t want to merge crossed wings into that, so I can see why they left it. It also implies race, so it’s not without merit. Fur, skin, and coat are far more muddy terms, though, and feathers is almost entirely forgotten.
Hm, if that’s how you want to define it, I think you would need to have both tags separated. 3d art (as opposed to traditional or digital) is the parent tag, with 3d portrait for character models and 3d landscape for scenes. That muddies the usage of render and non-art (screenshot/SFM ponies) in 3d, though. If render becomes 3d art, we would need 3d screencap for games, poses and “makers”. I think that’s a superior system, but it would require retagging practically everything, and said uploaders would probably still consider those things “art”…
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
unzipped, unzipping, and unzipped pants. I think the two unzipped can be merged, unzipping is up for debate.
standing on two hooves, on hind legs, and hind legs all exist. At least the first two should be merged.
standing up and standing upright both exist.
deformed, deformity, and disfigured all exist. Again, at least the first two should be merged. deformed wing also exists, which is getting rather specific for such a small tag.
ai generated -> neural network
I’m seeing a lot of pieces tagged with both good and evil in very abstract terms (good versus/and evil), usually either as a stand-off between two characters or those two-sided face shots. Having two tags for what is a single concept seems strange to me.
While I’m not sure how you would implement it, given that it only effects pieces with both tags, but I would suggest changing the stand-offs into good versus evil (renaming the existing good vs evil) and the faces purely into two sided posters and implying duality.
I know its already been implied, but is there really any point having both amogus and among us? It’s the same meme, and I get the spelling is also a joke, but they’re completely interchangeable. Speaking of which, why does sus alias sunset shimmer? I would think the “sus” meme independent of direct “among us” references would be more valuable than… whatever reason that’s for.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I’m wondering if there is enough difference between yellow mane and blonde mane for them to be separate tags. I’m surprised “brunette” doesn’t exist. gold mane does exist, and while I can imagine it being used appropriately in a metallic sense, its only two uses are yellow. This is as equally a problem with yellow hair and blonde hair, leaving the whole hair/mane debate alone for the moment.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
street lights, street lamp -> streetlight
Moved Amnesia tag findings from:
suitorshy already exists, but the crossover has been applied to other characters too.
amnesiashy ALSO exists, which is exactly the same as above. I move to alias.
my little amnesia also also exists, which is basically an umbrella for the above.
the small horse is yet another alias for this niche, being the name of the amnesia map that popularised suitorshy, although this small tag is very mixed.
Game art can also incorrectly appear in amnesia.
pinkamena diane pie creepypasta exists, and while I can’t find the more suitable tag, I know there must be one.
ai generated -> neural network
Since staring into your soul exists, does staring at you really need to be separate from looking at you?
body markings -> markings
multicoloured coat -> multicolored coat (regional spelling)
multiple characters -> group
comparing sizes -> size comparison (larger but more ambiguous)
hairtie -> hair tie
las vegas unicon -> las pegasus unicon (a larger I assume is the same thing)
unicon drama -> unicon (it’s all going to be drama)
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
emote, emoji, and emoticon all share the same purpose. If there is a distinction (like one being custom reaction art (emote?) and another being the common web images (emoticon?)) then they need to be defined and sorted.
expression, facial expression, expressions all the same, pick your favourite.
waist up -> bust (Bust is defined as “no lower than the navel”, which “waist up” implies. Many should be merged, but some are from the crotch up, and should be detagged.)
Background Pony #A0A3
@UnderwoodART
Because you brought them up, I happened to notice that a lot of “rotating/rotation” pics ought to be tagged turnaround and I wasn’t sure if that tag should be used instead or in addition - so I asked in the general tagging thread.
spinning is also related to “rotating/rotation” but although I have a general sense how it might be distinct, I’m not sure how to define that difference…
“emote” and “emoticon” I agree might be redundant - the only differences I could think of are image size (which could be searched by width: and height: search terms), being pixel art, or being text-based (which is not how it’s currently tagged) - but “emoji” is definitely a specific set of content that should have its own tag.
I don’t think “mesh” and “fishnet” are the same, but you’re right, a lot of the posts tagged “mesh” use it to describe clothes that are hard to tell apart from “fishnet” because of how they’re illustrated. Some tag it on clothes that are finer than fishnets, a few I’m not even sure why it’s tagged, and a few use it in terms of 3d modeling (and of those, except for >>2189657 and >>515476 I don’t even think they should have the tag…)
“jpegasus” IMO funny and harmless because it’s on like 4 images
“jpg artifacts” indeed should probably be aliased because “jpeg artifacts” already is, but before that happens, the tagged posts ought to get checked because I wouldn’t say all of them are bad enough to be on the level that “needs more jpeg” is meant for.
If “signed” gets aliased, before that happens, I think a few of the posts might be better tagged as autographed or autograph instead.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@Background Pony #A0A3
Yeah, I was thinking of turnaround when I saw some of the images in that tag, but I couldn’t think of the word. I think there’s need to differentiate turnarounds and rotating (animated) pictures, but also images that have been rotated as an edit. It’s a mess, but I don’t have clear thoughts on how to fix it.
I can appreciate the different between a twitch emote and an emoticon, but emoticon and emoji are the same. Speaking of which:
icon -> avatar (at least the way it’s being used)
Yeah, I actually searched for “mesh” in the 3D sense, but gave up when I only saw clothing. As far as I know, I’ve seen netted clothing of all sizes called “fishnet”, so I don’t think we need to get too specific. I think maybe mesh should be renamed to 3D mesh to avoid confusion.
I’ve already removed the artefacts tag from a couple of pictures that really weren’t that bad, but it’s a subjective tag, I guess. Some certainly aren’t as deepfried as others.
Those words are interchangeable really, but I do appreciate the difference between an autograph on merchandise, and an artist’s watermark. I don’t understand why an artist’s signature is being tagged at all, I would have thought the majority of images would have it anyway. Move to strike the tag completely? (After moving autographs)
Background Pony #A0A3
Yeah, I actually searched for “mesh” in the 3D sense, but gave up when I only saw clothing. [….] I think maybe mesh should be renamed to 3D mesh to avoid confusion.
I think wireframe is the tag for that. It can mean non-3d wireframes, too, but it’s simple enough to distinguish with whether there’s also the tag 3d on the post.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
It would be nice to know if any mods are checking my threads, or if I’m completely wasting my time here. Anyway:
payday (series name), payday the heist (first game), and payday 2 all exist with many shared images. The 4 core characters exist in both games, so both games are being tagged, and sometimes without the series tag. The majority of people will know Payday as Payday 2, so I suggest two options:
For a start, the first game is technically named “PAYDAY: The Heist”.
  1. Alias both games into payday as they only amount to 200 tags combined, NOT accounting for shared images, and add a description for it being the game series, since both games share characters and themes.
  2. Both games need to imply the series, and possibly add (series) to it, whatever the standard procedure is.

Consider the relationship between suds and foam
quick sketch -> sketch
bank heist should imply bank
bodyarmor -> body armor
price list, price sheet -> commission info
tch -> unimpressed
example is a confused tag, mixing commission info and ych
closed eye -> one eye closed (also includes fully closed eyes, though)
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
isbn -> barcode (because let’s be serious)
broken glass and shattered glass exist
gangsta and gangster exist, as well as gang, which is a mix of gangster and group (but not always both)
(most of) muffler -> scarf
payday the heist -> payday: the heist (proper title punctuation)
scanned -> scan
too fat, too fat to fit, need to lose weight, and need to go on a diet all exist
popped button <-> button popping (larger)
reborn -> reincarnation ?
robber -> thief ?
police, police officer and police pony all exist (and police uniform and police hat)
bank heist -> bank robbery
laser sight -> laser pointer (effectively the same and already mixed)
torso and waist up exist (as a ‘lower bust’)
headset mic -> headset (headsets have mics, otherwise they’re headphones)
dexterous hooves and hoof hold both exist for the same purpose, but both have detailed descriptions
cash and money exist, as well as most of bills
Background Pony #A0A3
isbn -> barcode (because let’s be serious)
Bit of a weird one because there are only 2 pics tagged isbn but they are definitely not the same, and an ISBN may often be presented in a barcode but not necessarily. With such little use and coincidental overlap I don’t think anything needs to be done.
gangsta and gangster exist, as well as gang, which is a mix of gangster and group (but not always both)
mobster and gang member too. gangster looks like a mix of urban/modern and old-timey, gangsta looks almost entirely modern. Not sure what to think about these, or about gang because of how it can mean a lot of different things.
There are also thug (which can also mean just “employed aggressor”) and thug life (which should be only for specific references).
(most of) muffler -> scarf
So it seems. Except for >>239141 which is an automotive exhaust muffler.
scanned -> scan
Yeah, probably. I suppose scanning could be used for “automated information gathering (in context)” as opposed to “digitized printed/traditional media”.
too fat, too fat to fit, need to lose weight, and need to go on a diet all exist
I couldn’t tell what the point of the first one is supposed to be. “…to fit” sounds purposeful, though. The last two strike me as synonymous.
police, police officer and police pony all exist (and police uniform and police hat)
…and they can all mean unique things. Whether the “pony” version ought to stay separate from “officer (of any species)”…dunno. Also, the clothes could maybe be aliased into “police officer” along the same lines that “maid outfit, maid costume, maid uniform, maid dress” are all aliased into “maid”. On the other hand, you could have police out of uniform (especially with ponies) but like…the same thing goes for maids.
laser sight -> laser pointer (effectively the same and already mixed)
I don’t think they should be. IMO they should be separate, and the tagging should be fixed.
headset mic -> headset (headsets have mics, otherwise they’re headphones)
If so, the ones that should have been headworn microphone would need to be retagged first.
dexterous hooves and hoof hold both exist for the same purpose, but both have detailed descriptions
They are related but not the same. “dexterous” is about object manipulation and doesn’t require holding - eg. typing, using guitar strings.
Now, hoof hold vs. magnetic hooves is one I’m not sure about…

It would be nice to know if any mods are checking my threads, or if I’m completely wasting my time here.
Well, threads sometimes go “ignored” for several months and then a mod drops by and does the thing so stay patient.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
meme template -> template (larger, though less descriptive. need to differentiate between base templates and used templates, too.)
tights -> pantyhose (regional wording, since american is the default here)
game screenshot -> game screencap (larger and naming precedent)
flattening -> flattened (larger, tense is unnecessary and not reflected in the tagged images)
abstract art -> abstract (larger, and of course it’s art)
4 panel comic -> 4koma (larger and same meaning, despite being implied. a pointless distinction already explained by description.) Why and refined outcome:
So as a revision, only vertical 4-panneled comics in 4koma, alias 4 panelled comic for people that don’t know what a 4koma is, but remove all non-vertical comics for the comic tag alone?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide