Rating tags general

Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
>>2681667  
I made an Other report before on this image, stating the following:
Unsure if this should be tagged with questionable because of the obvious fetish content, or left suggestive due to lack of genitals. rating tag guidelines doesn’t cover non-nude/non-genital fetish content except in point 2 of questionable. Maybe needs a post in forums?
Fart fetish content isn’t covered either in visual or audio form. Two “close, but no cigar” points in guidelines are  
suggestive  
–Visible urination  
questionable  
–Bodily fluids or waste in sensual contact with the body (such as watersports, scat, or messy diapers)

I’d figure it’d fall under questionable much more often than not, because it would line up with a fetishized “waste” bodily function, but not in more joke-like scenarios. Maybe this?

questionable  
–Fart content, when it’s the focus of the media and/or when it’s involved in a sensual manner (like deriving pleasure from smelling or relieving themselves, or EFRO [Erotic Female Relieving Observerance; A very common fetish involving watching women fart, pee and poop, yet not in a hardcore/scat way.])

I can’t currently come up with other or better examples for the parentheses in a way to explain better the “focus” aspect without being redundant. Tried to somewhat match it up with the existing questionable point.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Snicky  
This is a bit tricky because there’s outside context, but what’s in the image is unclear; it’s similar to the flashback potion scene interpretations (which another staff member somewhat recently indicated were probably too easily rated Explicit). I’ll check with some other staff on the image (as well as the flashback potion stuff, which I’ve been putting off for a bit).  
As a sidenote, it it were very obviously cum, I think the image’s proper rating would be Questionable, not Explicit; the guidelines are in need of slight revision on that.

@Brokedownandmadeone  
Suggestive vs. Questionable is about whether something is merely sexualized or if it also is becoming a sort of sex act that’s highly sensual. Sexualizing something that’s itself fine thus is only Suggestive. The bit about bodily fluids/waste is supposed to deal with the extra factor of feeling them on yourself, so that something like being peed on is Questionable.  
Also, flipping between Safe and Questionable by context is generally a bad way to do ratings, due to the large difference between how the two are handled, and the ensuing difficulty of reasoning about them. I’d really rather the guidelines not reintroduce that sort of thing.
Background Pony #4230
Wanted to solicit a third opinion on >>2626926 because it’d be a rating change from explicit to suggestive AFAIK  
I agree with the commenter that it’s slowing “crotch cleavage” not a “frontgina”. It’s a theme also in other images by the artist.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Rainboom Dash  
These are a bit of a hassle even with ponies, in general they should be Suggestive when legs are spread (or a tail is raised) toward the viewer or an onlooking character, or when things get rather skimpy.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@RetiredAstrum
In this case, the uploader felt “suggestive” was the safer bet, and two of the images were rerated to “safe” by staff but the third one was missed. It is clearly not “suggestive”.
As for “bedroom eyes”, the tag description of the more general lidded eyes directs users to use “bedroom eyes” for images rated suggestive or above. The tag would have been correct if the image was truly “suggestive”.
Background Pony #4230
@saby
In that case, I’d suggest that the merge to the uncensored pic be done, after all. It’s not enough to change the rating so it hardly seems worth preserving.
The merge history and tag history on it is a mess, too - I saw it get rejected from the perceptual dedupe, rejected when reported by a user, and yet in [my other uploading account’s] notifications, it said a merge was performed (even though both posts still exist). Also, an admin retagged it as “edit” instead of “alternate version” even though the censored version was created and uploaded by the original artist - so “edit” shouldn’t be used.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #4230
Yes, there was some discussion on this case last night. I agree with you, personally, the mosaic version probably only exists to satisfy Pixiv ToS where the artist, I imagine, posts to reach a wider audience than on their other platform(s). I would not keep it around, but the consensus among staff seems to be that it doesn’t really take or give so we’ll let it be. If the artist asks us to delete or merge it into the “fully featured” version, that will be a different thing of course. I fixed the “edit” tag.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #4230
>ahegao expressions
Clearly not explicit since it’s just faces. If there were suspicious fluids it could be questionable, but with just expressions it’s suggestive.
>horse
Since it’s a realistically depicted natural horse, the under-tail detail doesn’t automatically make it non-safe. She’s swishing her tail in a very normal and casual way, and the genitals are very low detail, in shade, not focused on and not elaborated on. One could even argue the darker area isn’t a vulva, just a bit of dark bare under-tail skin and a slight cleavage where two pudgy horse buttocks smush together.
>the third case
Probably just a slip of the finger.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide