Rating tags general

Background Pony #4230
>>3096723 Rating check? I’m pretty sure it is less than “questionable”, which is its current rating (plus “semi-grimdark”).
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #4230
Uploader may see detail in the boxers that we don’t… And “semi-grimdark” comes from what they think will happen. Personally think this is suggestive and not grimdark at all, but I’ll ask others before I make changes.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
Should >>3104035 be questionable rather than explicit? It looks at first like oral sex, but on closer inspection it’s actually just a pony motorboating another mare’s crotchboobs; the story at the source confirms this.
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Old art: >>440839
Is it supposed to be Safe or Suggestive?
About this one: >>2112601
Some background pony changed the rating from Suggestive a few years ago.
Is it really Safe, even though it involves bondage and the artist’s original tag was Suggestive.
Also, a question to Princess Luna.
For example these two arts:
Why are those Suggestive, while these ones are not:
What’s the easy way to judge the rating there? I’m confused.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@NeutronStar
Rarity just being happy to see you while you can see her rear is Safe.
As for the second thing, ratings are by our standards, not the artist’s wishes; just because you drew it doesn’t mean you get to expose Grandma to super saucy stuff or withhold relatively innocent stuff from her, when she turns on her Safe-only filter. A collar and bracelets with nothing special going on are well within your standard kids’ show stuff.
The Onyx image is one I didn’t actually look at previously, as I was doing mass tagging on G5-related tags; it’s Safe by the same logic as the Rarity and Fluttershy images, just because we have a nice view of a pony’s featureless rear doesn’t mean things are in Suggestive.
I might need to bring up the Twilight with tail covering with other staff. The tail covering is what makes it not an immediate Suggestive, as it could be her blushing because she didn’t expect to see you there etc., but it’s a little dicey.
Playboy bunny outfits are a weird one in that on humans/anthros, they often get too close to the nipples for Safe, but on ponies, they’re no problem unless we can see the rear and a lot of the cheeks are showing.
Finally, the big one: Pubic mounds are an absolute pain because I don’t think there’s a consistent approach to handling them, and the guidelines have never been updated to deal with them; there’s text in Suggestive about prominent low-detail genital outlines in clothing, and if we just pretend it goes for unclothed too (fairly reasonable), then that’s how you end up with it being Suggestive only when the thing is really obvious like on Twilight there. It’ll need more figuring out on the staff side.
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Princess Luna
Thank you for explaining!
I might need to bring up the Twilight with tail covering with other staff. The tail covering is what makes it not an immediate Suggestive, as it could be her blushing because she didn’t expect to see you there etc., but it’s a little dicey.
Yeah it’s uncertain about this art >>1743920, because there’s an alternate fully explicit version of the art, and this was likely just a safe edit made by the artist afterwards. So, it’s a similar situation like with >>2861621 (it also has an explicit original by the artist) In fact, the tail covering art looks more suggestive due to the tail cover and facial expression, at least in my opinion.
Anyway, I have a small list of some other arts (in my gallery), and some of them look like they might turn out to be Safe by the current standards.
Could you take a look at them, please (it’s a link with the search that shows only the ones I talk about): https://derpibooru.org/search?q=gallery_id3A6832C+-safe
For example, this one >>1221888 seems like a similar situation with this one, which you tagged as Safe >>2562340
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@NeutronStar
It being an edit has no bearing on the rating (we’re concerned with what people want to see, carrying around a “taint” of the origin would violate that).
What exactly unites the linked gallery?
On the licking images, I had noticed the Izzy one while checking horn licking images as a whole. There’s just a lot of images that don’t get seen this way.
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

What exactly unites the linked gallery?
Oh that’s just a non-explicit gallery of all my favorites on this site.
And I didn’t just linked a gallery, I linked to a search request that shows a few images, which were tagged as Suggestive or Questionable.
But I suspect that many of them (especially the ones uploaded years ago) actually would be tagged as Safe, based on what you explained. For example this one: >>1290216 or this one >>394438 (because we have the following rated as Safe: >>2200483 and >>1774607)
I just didn’t see it necessary to manually post every single image from that search here, one by one, to ask.
Could you look at those images and re-tag the ones which should be tagged Safe?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@NeutronStar
I’ll look, but it’s a bit low-priority…normally when I’m doing a review of images, it’s for a tag, especially an artist tag, to try and make sure that thing is treated fairly, but in this case it’s a very sporadic image selection.
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It’s just most of those images are from 5 to 11 years old, and their rating tags were never reviewed recently.
And now I noticed that you changed the rating of some of the images in my favorites to “Safe” over time. And those images are the ones that look to me as they could be safe as well (or at least some of them).
If you decide not to check their rating, could you tell me who’s among the active taggers or moderators can check the ratings on them based on your modern standards for Safe and non-Safe. (preferably a staff member, so random people won’t try to change those ratings again).
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
Question:
if an advertisement pic (i.e. commission sheet) contains censored NSFW artworks as examples, which rating does that pic qualify?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@NeutronStar
The second Twilight image’s underwear setup has me thinking it might be best kept Suggestive.
@Panko Pai
It depends on what’s left uncensored. The only really special thing to note is that censoring covering up all the genitals and their fluids, but leaving bare everything else as far as sex specifically, is Questionable.
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The second Twilight image’s underwear setup has me thinking it might be best kept Suggestive.
Interesting. Even though there’s no cameltoe. But yeah, I can see how that art can be suggestive.
Anyways.
This one was changed to Safe by a “background pony” just a year ago. I assume that was correct: >>150116
Now, how about these? Could be safe as no panties and bits outlines.
>>670368
>>5746
>>1106019
As for this one >>1051353
I don’t know,
as we did have a very similar embarrassed Rarity joke in the show itself with the same pose and blushing: >>897183
And a similar Twilight art is Safe >>1743920
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
It depends on what’s left uncensored. The only really special thing to note is that censoring covering up all the genitals and their fluids, but leaving bare everything else as far as sex specifically, is Questionable.
Let’s say that I have every NSFW example censored, including sexual acts.
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@NeutronStar
“Bedroom eyes” isn’t inherently incompatible with “safe”, but a ton of “bedroom eyes” cases remain on images where it doesn’t belong, because “bedroom eyes” was the only tag for lidded eyes of any sort for a good while.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide