Tag description suggestions

Deliverer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

don't drink and tag
Tag name: breath Link
Short Description: A breath you can see.
Long Description: Visible clouds of steam near the character’s mouth or nose often seen in a cold atmosphere. Can also indicate a heavy breathing, sighing, snorting or huffing.
Example image:

Phew! Onomatopoeia next.
Deliverer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

don't drink and tag
Tag name: onomatopoeia Link
Short Description: A word that imitates the sound.
Long Description: A word that phonetically imitates, resembles, or suggests the sound that it describes. Common cases include zzz, pomf, nom, various crashing, exploding and impact sounds, eeees and skrees of a bat pony, animal and bodily noises and many, many other.
Example image:

@Dragonpone
Then it would be even harder (at least, for me) to find an images on which manifestation of the described term would be clearly visible without the need to open a full picture.

Next time I’ll try to capture the squigglevision.
GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@Dragonpone
Considering how they only show up when searching 1 tag and only on the 1st page I don’t think it really matters. Especially as some of these would be harder to understand with small size.
Deliverer

don't drink and tag
Tag name: squigglevision Link
Short Description: An animation with wiggling and undulating outlines.
Long Description: A method of computer animation in which the outlines of shapes are made to wiggle and undulate, emulating the effect of sketchily hand-drawn animation.
Example image:

Next time we’ll clarify what it’s like to be in goliath's palm.
Deliverer

don't drink and tag
Tag name: in goliath’s palm Link
Short Description: Placed in or on a giant hand or a paw.
Long Description: A tiny character placed in or on a giant hand or a paw. May require hand and/or tiny ponies tag.
Example image:
Note: Not sure if the tag should also require the micro tag.

Next time we’ll see what can be done with a limited palette.
GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@MaresFillies
…It just looks like you cut most of it out.
The hand implication won’t work here as some images have a giant paw instead of hand :p
Tiny implication looks good though ^
I’m updating the tag to remove hand implication, and I’ll suggest the full long description be added as I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you think it should stay shortened please explain why.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
I thought “in goliath’s palm” could also be normal sized character on a giant hand/paw/talon?
And “tiny” is not defined and seems to not be limited to great size differences between characters (some use cases are solo micro). So I changed the implication from “tiny” to “size difference”.
Deliverer

don't drink and tag
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@TheGamerPainter
No on “rubbing”. Multiple methods do not involve rubbing.
No on “playing with self”, that tag doesn’t even exist. If you meant “playing with oneself”, that one is unrelated.
Background Pony #E87B
@TheGamerPainter
That’d be a question for the General Tag thread, since you’re not suggesting a definition…
…but yes, there are. You can find these things out for yourself by searching on the Tags page linked from the top navigation bar. A very useful feature is that an asterisk * will substitute for any amount of text, so if you’re not sure what an entire tag is but you know what part of it needs to be (eg. “pibby”) you can put an asterisk at the start and end, like I did, to show all tags with “pibby” in it.
Deliverer

don't drink and tag
Tag name: partial color Link
Short Description: Monochrome with a bit of color.
Long Description: Use for images that are almost entirely monochrome, but have an element (or a few elements) fully colored. When done with a dramatic effect, add neo noir.
Example image:

Tag name: neo noir Link
Short Description: ‘Partial color’ with a dramatic effect.
Long Description: [As is, except for changing the ‘emphasis’ for a ‘dramatic effect’]
Example image: [As is]
Notes: If the tag was supposed to reference the Sin City’s partial coloring then it looks like a mess right now.

One tag dragged in the other. I may be not wording it right with the ‘dramatic effect’, but I think the difference between the two tags is definitely in some sort of a stylistic effect achieved in ‘neo noir’ images.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Deliverer
I went ahead and wrote up a wholly different and hopefully much clearer description for “neo noir”. If it’s supposed to be different from “partial colour”, and it is, its details need to describe the “dramatic effect” in concrete terms.
The “partial color” description as suggested looks sufficient and good, will implement.
/edit: will change “full color” to “colored” because “full color” requires a range of values, and that would be misleading and/or create a needlessly strict definition.
/edit 2: “neo noir” cleaned up, ended up with about 2k removals and 300 retained.
MaresFillies
Pony! - Derpi Supporter
From the Night - For mods that have been previously banned
Diamond - For users who have donated to the site
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Twilight Sparkle -
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron

Assistant
Twi’s Engineer Hubby
@NICOGAMER3000
Hello! :) I edited the tag description.
I think it’s not a matter of how many comments but rather if the comments themselves are interesting and I guess drawn out so like pages of comments. Thanks for the suggestion!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide