Ask the Mods Important Site Questions (V2)

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #AE39
@The Smiling Pony
here’s an inaccurate list
Name Count
fluffy pony grimdark 95315
grotesque 93878
merch sexploitation 72664
text only 45612
forced meme 45130
pony creator 45119
not pony related 44459
explicit 44399
obligatory pony 44109
exploitable meme 43771
content-aware scale 43506
deviantart stamp 43042
fluffy pony 41710
grimdark 39277
youtube caption 39265
op is a duck 34878
drama 34016
barely pony related 32676
1000 hours in ms paint 31480
greentext 30567
image macro 30352
foalcon 30109
background pony strikes again 27699
scat 25208
questionable 23582
Background Pony #699F
@byte[]
And of those, all of them are present in either the Default or Legacy Default filters except “op is a duck”, “greentext”, “background pony strikes again”, and “scat”
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #AE39
He’s referring to what I said.
  1. A single user can have dozens of filters each with the same tags in them; we would have to make a single “filter” for each user that has all tags, else the count is inflated
  2. Many users just use complex filters instead of simple filters; parsing these into a simple “this tag is filtered” would be a serious undertaking
    • they can be there as a simple exclusion, like in a simple filter
    • they can be there with conditional exceptions (tagB unless with tagA)
    • they can be the exception itself you never want filtered
    • they can be used as a global exception (an always-on search)
    • they can be using a term that’s aliased (eg. tx instead of trixie)
  3. As a lesser / more pedantic issue, people often filter a parent tag that implies the actual tag they want to filter, ie. filtering all of “grotesque” when you just wanted to filter “scat”
  4. Similarly, a lot of people are perfectly content using one of the default filters, or a shared public filter; do the tags in those filters also count per use?
djpup3
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Solar Champion - Earned the rank of one of the most decorated Solar Empire generals, crushing New Lunar Republic in many battles (April Fools 2023).

based and unicornpilled
I hate to ask this so soon after posting the image, but I was wondering if the comments on >>3345257 could be locked down. It’s only been up for 20~ minutes and its immediately devolving into racist assumptions of Palestinians, and I’m going to assume based off of observations of related comment sections that its going to get worse.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@djpup3
If there is a clear publicly facing statement that the artist doesn’t want their work shared here, we will honor their wishes. I’ll look into it tomorrow.
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
When I think about how this an archive site and that I don’t give two hoots what sites some people magically don’t want certain things on for whatever petty reason, I genuinely feel like a villain or something sometimes. It makes me uncomfortable to know I may be something of a jerk to other people in this regard. :s But that’s my desire for comprehensiveness talking. But it makes me sound awful.
I’ve been burned by seeing actual good art removed for stupid reasons.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Wiimeiser
Ok. Let’s say, hypothetically, that I told you I was black, and I have a problem with Nazis. Would you care? And would it make any difference to your use or enjoyment of this site?
And what would you say if I told you that Hasbro, the very reason this site exists, emphasizes diversity, equity, and inclusion in their products, their hiring and corporate mission, and their supply chain? The very things that you appear to hate?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@The Smiling Pony
@djpup3
@Ciaran
My apologies, force of habit. Please delete my previous post if you think it was unnecessary or offensive…
And what would you say if I told you that Hasbro, the very reason this site exists, emphasizes diversity, equity, and inclusion in their products, their hiring and corporate mission, and their supply chain? The very things that you appear to hate?
I don’t hate it, I was making an observation. And I shouldn’t have.
Background Pony #9B5F
How do I see images from days låter?
For example, only view images from 3 months up to now.
Background Pony #24A1
Is it wrong of me to ask why >>3263694 (deleted) was removed? The reason does state that it’s “not released yet” but I don’t seem to understand why it’s not released; is it unfinished? Was it not supposed to be released until a future date? I am just curious 😓
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide