Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Viewing last 25 versions of post by Mr100dragon100 in topic [SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Mr100dragon100
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
i'm a little worried about something

i have an OC whose backstory starts ok but then bad stuff happens in her life that made her take an occupation she is not happy about (she still made some friends though) but soon finds a boyfriend, there have been a few opticals but they both end up living happily ever after together

i worry because i read that is not good to make an OC with a sad backstory because we don't want a "woe is me" character but what about if a sad backstory IS part of the character when it comes to a story your working on, their appearance or if you say they suffer from something like anxiety

is this how-to that i saw that made me worry
https://www.deviantart.com/equinepalette/art/Tutorial-Creating-a-Good-MLP-FiM-OC-417653973

and just in the idea to keep a character interesting in general so idk if I'm doing something wrong because i need this kind of story for my oc so she can develop as a character and her getting a good life
No reason given
Edited by Mr100dragon100
Mr100dragon100
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
i' ma little worried about something

i have an OC whose backstory starts ok but then bad stuff happens in her life that made her take an occupation she is not happy about (she still made some friends though) but soon finds a boyfriend, there have been a few opticals but they both end up living happily ever after together

i worry because i read that is not good to make an OC with a sad backstory because we don't want a "woe is me" character but what about if a sad backstory IS part of the character when it comes to a story your working on, their appearance or if you say they suffer from something like anxiety

is this how-to that i saw that made me worry
https://www.deviantart.com/equinepalette/art/Tutorial-Creating-a-Good-MLP-FiM-OC-417653973

and just in the idea to keep a character interesting in general so idk if I'm doing something wrong because i need this kind of story for my oc so she can develop as a character and her getting a good life
No reason given
Edited by Mr100dragon100