Viewing last 25 versions of post by ABronyAccount in topic BattleBots

ABronyAccount
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

I was really glad to see ||Copperhead take out Riptide||, but I'm biased since they're one of my all-time favorite teams/robots. The losing driver made some rookie mistakes, but I don't think their regular driver wouldn't have made those same mistakes or mistakes of a similar nature.
I think ||Witch Doctor should have used their double disk weapon against Huge and eaten into their wheels with it. After their weapon stopped working, even that chunk of a spinner wasn't going to be enough to break Huge's weapon.||
Speaking of, really glad to see ||Huge advance all the way to the finals. I love unconventional designs and theirs is extremely well thought-out against the majority of bots on the field. Even if, at the end of the day, it's still a vertical spinner - at least it's got an extremely original implementation.||
I hope to see more teams adopt clever solutions like that in the future. As pointed out by the commentators, ||the basic layout of the winning bots for the last several years was already getting kind of stale, barring Tantrum's neat idea to keep the weapon safe and operating for most of a fight.||

At any rate, that was a night of some really awesome matches! Ribbot and Hydra facing off was extremely tense. I could sense Jake trying to lure them in with those superfluous flips.
No reason given
Edited by ABronyAccount