Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Dragon Ball Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

*(spoilers, obviously)*

"
[@Dustcan":](/forums/dis/topics/dragon-ball-thread?post_id=4829796#post_4829796

)

It doesn't help that the others just stood idly by while she was _*casually singing to herself_* and let it freaking happen. _*Only_* U18 Bra heard the spiel about "nucleus training," and he never boasted to U16 Gohan wondering how he came back, after returning, in earshot of U16 Bra, or some such. It's *_**bullshit._*

The Piccolos could've destroyed the Senzu Beans as a _*calculated risk_* to take the Reset Button of "back to full HP" off the table, after she took injuries at certain points, but no, they just get slaughtered, and anything that happened to her was just CTRL + Z'd, because **fuck** tension, am I right? Or is "oh, I wonder which one gets _*eviscerated_* this page" supposed to be "tension?"

Buu amounted to fucking _*nothing_* except for a failed plan by U18 Gohan, which by the way, established that whichever Gohan teleport-punched Bra could've _*theoretically_* **killed** her back then with a Ki Blade (pull a Sauza) in an earlier chapter, where the game was "Defend Babidi," and if it was U16 Gohan it wouldn't have mattered, because he thought the Mini Cell Jr would've TP'd to Babidi.

Salagir just doesn't get it, if he thought that it would be so much fun to see U16 Bra end that arc with _*superficial injuries to one leg._* If U16 Bra achieved victory in combat, but had a more desperate attitude throughout, because she was actually being worn down and injured, that would've been more fun at least, but because she's the _*Creator's Pet_*, she doesn't have to actually be _*challenged,_* she gets to repeatedly outsmart them.

Part of what made Frieza and Vegeta (also applies to him when he's not an antagonist) _*fun_* as villains is how they _*kept fighting despite sustaining injuries,_* multiple times.

As for another example of how Salagir's biases _*heavily_* influence his writing, well, just _*look_* at how ungodly powerful Broly is in that webcomic (DBM happened long before Battle of Gods was a thing, so bear with me) is... yet just look at how Frieza, Cooler, and Cold are handled.

It took Cold a _*Sixth fucking Form_* to be on par with Perfect Cell (as of the Cell Games, before Super Perfect), and it took _*that_* to even put up a challenge to U16 Bra _*in her **base form*_** (and fuck that fight, with the "moved Senzu to mouth offscreen/off-panel" stuff)... and on top of that, it wasn't even _*Cold_* in the driver's seat to go out of his way to attain such power, it was _*Ginyu._

And as for Cooler, his fight with Future Trunks was kinda pitiful, the stakes too low, because of how outclassed he was (despite the fact that he strikes you as the type to train, but whatever).

I _*know_* Golden Frieza wasn't a thing back then, and it's not like it's an inherent problem for multiple universes to outclass them overall, but... still. They were just the butt of jokes, as opposed to doing something more interesting, a lot of the time.

"

[
Just look no further than this old page,":](https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-715.html) regarding an example of how _*badly_* Salagir can contrive things in the plot, _*as per his own words,_* which the gist of them were basically "he couldn't win if this didn't happen, and **so it did happen.**"

It's obvious that Salagir takes a view of "the characters should *_**serve_*** the plot," as opposed to the other way around, or a more balanced approach, considering how contrived things get, multiple times.

I've learned from comments on the DBM forums that Salagir also doesn't thoroughly plan things out all that well (yeah, I know **Toriyama** doesn't either, but still). He didn't go into writing this comic with a good idea of what was gonna happen, beyond some things like "Broly fights Vegito," and some other things. The Majin Rebellion wasn't originally planned to have happened.

The portrayal of U16 has changed over the years, he's, in comments years ago, called U16 Bra "spoiled," which shifted to [spoiler]||"oh, Vegito was abusive, said he was gonna kill her before she got stronger than him, in a flashback,"[/spoiler]|| out of the blue. (even if there's missing context... just why?)

It's kind of a shame, that it's a mess in multiple areas... the Majin Arc had a lot of cool moments, but damn, the bad really sucks, with it devolving into a hellish _*Idiot Plot_* **gorefest** (figuratively and literally), and it's sad how a lot of it boils down to how much of a failure _*one character_* is. She's just... favored by the author (her being contrived to be undefeated, not struggling due to how powerful she is, her unlikable smug personality), he dedicates a load of attention to her, and she just isn't handled well _*at all._

A lot of this probably comes down to the fact that he just doesn't have enough people questioning his decisions, editors.

The Android Saga in DBZ would've been _*very_* different if it weren't for Toriyama's editors, with _*19 and 20 being the main villains._*
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

*(spoilers, obviously)*

"@Dustcan":/forums/dis/topics/dragon-ball-thread?post_id=4829796#post_4829796

It doesn't help that the others just stood idly by while she was _casually singing to herself_ and let it freaking happen. _Only_ U18 Bra heard the spiel about "nucleus training," and he never boasted to U16 Gohan wondering how he came back, after returning, in earshot of U16 Bra, or some such. It's *_bullshit._*

The Piccolos could've destroyed the Senzu Beans as a _calculated risk_ to take the Reset Button of "back to full HP" off the table, after she took injuries at certain points, but no, they just get slaughtered, and anything that happened to her was just CTRL + Z'd, because *fuck* tension, am I right? Or is "oh, I wonder which one gets _eviscerated_ this page" supposed to be "tension?"

Buu amounted to fucking _nothing_ except for a failed plan by U18 Gohan, which by the way, established that whichever Gohan teleport-punched Bra could've _theoretically_ *killed* her back then with a Ki Blade (pull a Sauza) in an earlier chapter, where the game was "Defend Babidi," and if it was U16 Gohan it wouldn't have mattered, because he thought the Mini Cell Jr would've TP'd to Babidi.

Salagir just doesn't get it, if he thought that it would be so much fun to see U16 Bra end that arc with _superficial injuries to one leg._ If U16 Bra achieved victory in combat, but had a more desperate attitude throughout, because she was actually being worn down and injured, that would've been more fun at least, but because she's the _Creator's Pet_, she doesn't have to actually be _challenged,_ she gets to repeatedly outsmart them.

Part of what made Frieza and Vegeta (also applies to him when he's not an antagonist) _fun_ as villains is how they _kept fighting despite sustaining injuries,_ multiple times.

As for another example of how Salagir's biases _heavily_ influence his writing, well, just _look_ at how ungodly powerful Broly is in that webcomic (DBM happened long before Battle of Gods was a thing, so bear with me) is... yet just look at how Frieza, Cooler, and Cold are handled.

It took Cold a _Sixth fucking Form_ to be on par with Perfect Cell (as of the Cell Games, before Super Perfect), and it took _that_ to even put up a challenge to U16 Bra _in her *base form*_ (and fuck that fight, with the "moved Senzu to mouth offscreen/off-panel" stuff)... and on top of that, it wasn't even _Cold_ in the driver's seat to go out of his way to attain such power, it was _Ginyu._

And as for Cooler, his fight with Future Trunks was kinda pitiful, the stakes too low, because of how outclassed he was (despite the fact that he strikes you as the type to train, but whatever).

I _know_ Golden Frieza wasn't a thing back then, and it's not like it's an inherent problem for multiple universes to outclass them overall, but... still. They were just the butt of jokes, as opposed to doing something more interesting, a lot of the time.

"Just look no further than this old page,":https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-715.html regarding an example of how _badly_ Salagir can contrive things in the plot, _as per his own words,_ which the gist of them were basically "he couldn't win if this didn't happen, and *so it did happen.*"

It's obvious that Salagir takes a view of "the characters should *_serve_* the plot," as opposed to the other way around, or a more balanced approach, considering how contrived things get, multiple times.

I've learned from comments on the DBM forums that Salagir also doesn't thoroughly plan things out all that well (yeah, I know *Toriyama* doesn't either, but still). He didn't go into writing this comic with a good idea of what was gonna happen, beyond some things like "Broly fights Vegito," and some other things. The Majin Rebellion wasn't originally planned to have happened.

The portrayal of U16 has changed over the years, he's, in comments years ago, called U16 Bra "spoiled," which shifted to [spoiler]"oh, Vegito was abusive, said he was gonna kill her before she got stronger than him, in a flashback,"[/spoiler] out of the blue. (even if there's missing context... just why?)

It's kind of a shame, that it's a mess in multiple areas... the Majin Arc had a lot of cool moments, but damn, the bad really sucks, with it devolving into a hellish _Idiot Plot_ *gorefest* (figuratively and literally), and it's sad how a lot of it boils down to how much of a failure _one character_ is. She's just... favored by the author (her being contrived to be undefeated, not struggling due to how powerful she is, her unlikable smug personality), he dedicates a load of attention to her, and she just isn't handled well _at all._

A lot of this probably comes down to the fact that he just doesn't have enough people questioning his decisions, editors.

The Android Saga in DBZ would've been _very_ different if it weren't for Toriyama's editors, with _19 and 20 being the main villains._
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

*(spoilers, obviously)*

"@Dustcan":/forums/dis/topics/dragon-ball-thread?post_id=4829796#post_4829796

It doesn't help that the others just stood idly by while she was _casually singing to herself_ and let it freaking happen. _Only_ U18 Bra heard the spiel about "nucleus training," and he never boasted to U16 Gohan wondering how he came back, after returning, in earshot of U16 Bra, or some such. It's *_bullshit._*

The Piccolos could've destroyed the Senzu Beans as a _calculated risk_ to take the Reset Button of "back to full HP" off the table, after she took injuries at certain points, but no, they just get slaughtered, and anything that happened to her was just CTRL + Z'd, because *fuck* tension, am I right? Or is "oh, I wonder which one gets _eviscerated_ this page" supposed to be "tension?"

Buu amounted to fucking _nothing_ except for a failed plan by U18 Gohan, which by the way, established that whichever Gohan teleport-punched Bra could've _theoretically_ *killed* her back then with a Ki Blade (pull a Sauza) in an earlier chapter, where the game was "Defend Babidi," and if it was U16 Gohan it wouldn't have mattered, because he thought the Mini Cell Jr would've TP'd to Babidi.

Salagir just doesn't get it, if he thought that it would be so much fun to see U16 Bra end that arc with _superficial injuries to one leg._ If U16 Bra achieved victory in combat, but had a more desperate attitude throughout, because she was actually being worn down and injured, that would've been more fun at least, but because she's the _Creator's Pet_, she doesn't have to actually be _challenged,_ she gets to repeatedly outsmart them.

Part of what made Frieza and Vegeta (also applies to him when he's not an antagonist) _fun_ as villains is how they _kept fighting despite sustaining injuries,_ multiple times.

As for another example of how Salagir's biases _heavily_ influence his writing, well, just _look_ at how ungodly powerful Broly is in that webcomic (DBM happened long before Battle of Gods was a thing, so bear with me) is... yet just look at how Frieza, Cooler, and Cold are handled.

It took Cold a _Sixth fucking Form_ to be on par with Perfect Cell (as of the Cell Games, before Super Perfect), and it took _that_ to even put up a challenge to U16 Bra _in her *base form*_ (and fuck that fight, with the "moved Senzu to mouth offscreen/off-panel" stuff)... and on top of that, it wasn't even _Cold_ behind the steedringver's whseelat to go out of his way to attain such power, it was _Ginyu._

And as for Cooler, his fight with Future Trunks was kinda pitiful, the stakes too low, because of how outclassed he was (despite the fact that he strikes you as the type to train, but whatever). I _know_ Golden Frieza wasn't a thing back then, and it's not like it's an inherent problem for multiple universes to outclass them overall, but... still. They were just the butt of jokes a lot of the time, as opposed to doing something more interesting, a lot of the time.

"Just look no further than this old page,":https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-715.html regarding an example of how _badly_ Salagir can contrive things in the plot, _as per his own words,_ which the gist of them were basically "he couldn't win if this didn't happen, and *so it did happen.*"

It's obvious that Salagir takes a view of "the characters should *_serve_* the plot," as opposed to the other way around, or a more balanced approach, considering how contrived things get, multiple times.

I've learned from comments on the DBM forums that Salagir also doesn't thoroughly plan things out all that well (yeah, I know *Toriyama* doesn't either, but still). He didn't go into writing this comic with a good idea of what was gonna happen, beyond some things like "Broly fights Vegito," and some other things. The Majin Rebellion wasn't originally planned to have happened.

The portrayal of U16 has changed over the years, he's, in comments years ago, called U16 Bra "spoiled," which shifted to [spoiler]"oh, Vegito was abusive, said he was gonna kill her before she got stronger than him, in a flashback,"[/spoiler] out of the blue. (even if there's missing context... just why?)

It's kind of a shame it's a mess in multiple areas... the Majin Arc had a lot of cool moments, but damn, the bad really sucks, with it devolving into a hellish _Idiot Plot_, and it's sad how a lot of it boils down to how much of a failure _one character_ is. She's just... favored by the author (her being contrived to be undefeated, not struggling due to how powerful she is, her unlikable smug personality), he dedicates a load of attention to her, and she just isn't handled well _at all._

The Android Saga in DBZ would've been _very_ different if it weren't for Toriyama's editors, with _19 and 20 being the main villains._
No reason given
Edited by AC97