Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #5472 in topic Random facts of yourself thread

Background Pony #5472
I recently found out I have what is known as a "[hero complex.":](https://prezi.com/m/kz_ltay6sfdy/the-superhero-complex/)

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I fit the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even **think** of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _*seen_* as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _***be*_** a hero.)

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite my efforts to relax and acknowledge my own needs at times, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to do so.

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm "the best" or "the one" fated to help people if able. With power, comes responsibility. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. I have pepper spray, knives, first aid, and have trained myself in a few of the basics of tactics, survival, and first aid, but I admittedly am not near as comprehensive or competent in my abilities as I would like, and I also as of yet lack a bulletproof/stabproof plate carrier vest.

It is for these reason that I cannot in good conscience continue to aid in every potential situation at this time, since I love my girlfriend and she would be devastated if anything happened to me, and I currently have no reasonable guarantee that I would not be hurt.

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don't think the poor girl pressed charges... Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was acting in a threatening manner to little old ladies out front of my apartment complex, and had proceeded to attack a tree. That one they got, and he was taken away. :) Hopefully he got some mental help of his own.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #5472
Background Pony #5472
I recently found out I have what is known as a "hero complex.":https://prezi.com/m/kz_ltay6sfdy/the-superhero-complex/

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I fit the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite my efforts to relax and acknowledge my own needs at times, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to do so.

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm "the best" or "the one" fated to help people if able. With power, comes responsibility. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. I have pepper spray, knives, first aid, and have trained myself in a few of the basics of tactics, survival, and first aid, but I admittedly anm not near as comprehensive or competent in my abilities as I would like, and I also as of yet lack a bulletproof/stabproof plate carrier vest.

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don't think the poor girl pressed charges... Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was acting in a threatening manner to little old ladies out front of my apartment complex, and had proceeded to attack a tree. That one they got, and he was taken away. :) Hopefully he got some mental help of his own.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472
I recently found out I have what is known as a "hero complex.":https://prezi.com/m/kz_ltay6sfdy/the-superhero-complex/

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I fit the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. I have pepper spray, knives, first aid, and have trained myself in a few of the basics of tactics, survival, and first aid, but I admittedly an not near as comprehensive or competent in my abilities as I would like, and I also as of yet lack a bulletproof/stabproof plate carrier vest.

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don't think the poor girl pressed charges... Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was acting in a threatening manner to little old ladies out front of my apartment complex, and had proceeded to attacking a tree. That one they got, and he was taken away. :) Hopefully he got some mental help of his own.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. I have pepper spray, knives, first aid, and have trained myself in a few of the basics of tactics, survival, and first aid, but I admittedly an not near as comprehensive or competent in my abilities as I would like, and I also as of yet lack a bulletproof/stabproof plate carrier vest.

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don't think the poor girl pressed charges... Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree. That one they got and he was taken away. :) Hopefully he got some mental help of his own.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don't think the poor girl pressed charges... Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Although there have been many false alarms, I found a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confrionted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Although there have been many false alarms, I found a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confrinted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. Although there have been many false alarms, I found a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confrinted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree...
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend's worries. Although there have been many false alarms, I found a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confrinted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was threatening little old ladies out front of my apartment complex and attacking a tree...
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I forit the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I for the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I for the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm necessarily "the best" or "the one" fated to help people. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm necessarily "the best" or "the one" dfated to help people. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm necessarily "the best" or "the one" dated to help people. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite my efforts to relax and acknowledge my own needs at times, I always feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to.

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don't put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don't believe I'm necessarily "the best" or "the one" dated to help people. I just can't get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.
No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite somey efforts to relax and acknowledge my own needs at times, I always feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to.

No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite some efforts to kickrelax backnd acknowledge rmy own nelaxeds, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to.

No reason given
Background Pony #5472

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite some efforts to kick back and relax, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to.

No reason given
Background Pony #5472

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I for the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even *think* of deliberately causing a crisis. That's more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don't want to be _seen_ as a hero. I have a desire to _*be*_ a hero.)

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite some efforts to kick back and relax, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to.

No reason given