Viewing last 25 versions of post by Terminal Rex in topic Vent thread

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
"[@Zincy":](/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=5110379#post_5110379

)

Games workshop started out selling miniatures for other Tabletop games like DnD, Elric, Conan and Lord of the rings to name a few. When they decided to create their own game they just repurposed those old miniatures and ripped off every Fantasy and Sci-fi property in existence to create their settings.

Warhammer is the equivalent of some kid tipping out his toy box and making his He-man figures fight his ninja turtles and Gi-joes and pretending it makes sense.

Not to mention the very concept of chaos and it's iconography was ripped straight from Michael moorcock's elric of melnibone series.

Elric was defined by the conflict between the gods of chaos and gods of order. Hey, remember those Order gods warhammer fantasy had in early editions?

If Michael Moorcock decided to sue Games workshop, He'd win and warhammer would never be the same. If games workshop had any brains they'd stop drawing attention to themselves and their own history of IP theft with all this anti-consumer and anti-fair use bullshit.

So when Games workshop complains about copy right infringement I just have to shake my head at the sheer balls of a company that built itself on Theft and Plagiarism.
No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
"@Zincy":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=5110379#post_5110379

Games workshop started out selling miniatures for other Tabletop games like DnD, Elric, Conan and Lord of the rings to name a few. When they decided to create their own game they just repurposed those old miniatures and ripped off every Fantasy and Sci-fi property in existence to create their settings.

Warhammer is the equivalent of some kid tipping out his toy box and making his He-man figures fight his ninja turtles and Gi-joes and pretending it makes sense.

Not to mention the very concept of chaos and it's iconography was ripped straight from Michael moorcock's elric of melnibone series.

Elric was defined by the conflict between the gods of chaos and gods of order. Hey, remember those Order gods warhammer fantasy had in early editions?

If Michael Moorcock decided to sue Games workshop, He'd win and warhammer would never be the same. If games workshop had any brains they'd stop drawing attention to themselves and their own history of IP theft with all this anti-conumer and anti-fair use bullshit.

So when Games workshop complains about copy right infringement I just have to shake my head at the sheer balls of a company that built itself on Theft and Plagiarism.
No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..

If Michael Moorcock decided to sue Games workshop, He'd win and warhammer would never be the same. If games workshop had any brains they'd stop drawing attention to themselves and their own history of IP theft with all this anti-conumer and anti-fair use bullshit.

No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..

Games workshop started out selling miniatures for other Tabletop games like DnD, Elric, Conan and Lord of the rings to name a few. When they decided to create their own game they just repurposed those old miniatures and ripped off every Fantasy and Sci-fi properrty in existence to create their settings.

If Michael Moorcock decided to sue, He'd win and warhammer would never be the same. If games workshop had any brains they'd stop drawing attention to themselves and their own history of IP theft with all this anti-conumer and anti-fair use bullshit.

No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..

Games workshop started out selling miniatures for other Tabletop games like DnD, Elric, Conan and Lord of the rings to name a few. When they decided to create their own game they just repurposed those old miniatures and ripped off every Fantasy and Sci-fi properry in existence to create their settings.

If Michael Moorcock decided to sue, He'd win and warhammer would never be the same. If games workshop had any brains they'd stop drawing attention to themselves and their own history of IP theft with all this anti-conumer and anti-fair use bullshit.

No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..

Games workshop started out selling miniatures for other Tabletop games like DnD, Elric, Conan and Lord of the rings to name a few. When they decided to create their own game they just repurposed those old miniatures and ripped off every Fantasy and Sci-fi properry in existence to create their settings.

No reason given
Edited by Terminal Rex