Viewing last 25 versions of post by Amphibian Swamp in topic Vent thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I think everyone’s being a bit too harsh on inexperienced artists here.

If some fanart is badly drawn, I don’t think it’s fair that everyone downvotes it without saying something at least. Especially if it’s a new artist. Sharing your art can be a pretty brave thing to do, so I think we should encourage them to improve and give them advice.

I think should only downvote a new artist’s fanart if it’s harmful, traced, bad edit, plagiarism, art theft, offensive, insulting, etc.

For example, a while ago I drew G5 Fanart of Pipp, Jazz and Rocky playing in the water at the beach. In the background were other characters like the rest of the main 5, Posey and Sprout on the sand.

I had so much fun drawing it and was so excited to show it. But when it was uploaded, it got over 7 downvotes in the first hour. I was pretty bummed out when I saw that, like really bummed out. I wish I had some comments telling me why it wasn’t good.

Basically, I felt pretty bad about drawing the ‘worst Rocky and Jazz’ Fanart on the site, well at least I felt that way. (The two had less than 200 back then)

So yeah. It can suck seeing something you had so much fun drawing being disliked like that. So, instead of just downvoting, I think we should help the newer and inexperienced artists.

Like I said, posting art online can be a brave thing to do. Sometimes I feel nervous when I’m about to post my art. So it’s likely many others feel the same way when uploading.

Try giving them advice or pointing out where they can improve.

All artists sucked at first and improved as they practised.
No reason given
Edited by Amphibian Swamp
Amphibian Swamp

I think everyone’s being a bit too harsh on artists here.

If some fanart is badly drawn, I don’t think it’s fair that everyone downvotes it without saying something at least. Especially if it’s a new artist. Sharing your art can be a pretty brave thing to do, so I think we should encourage them to improve and give them advice.

I think should only downvote a new artist’s fanart if it’s harmful, traced, bad edit, plagiarism, art theft, offensive, insulting, etc.

For example, a while ago I drew G5 Fanart of Pipp, Jazz and Rocky playing in the water at the beach. In the background were other characters like the rest of the main 5, Posey and Sprout on the sand.

I had so much fun drawing it and was so excited to show it. But when it was uploaded, it got over 7 downvotes in the first hour. I was pretty bummed out when I saw that, like really bummed out. I wish I had some comments telling me why it wasn’t good.

Basically, I felt pretty bad about drawing the ‘worst Rocky and Jazz’ Fanart on the site, well at least I felt that way. (The two had less than 200 back then)

So yeah. It can suck seeing something you had so much fun drawing being disliked like that. So, instead of just downvoting, I think we should help the newer and inexperienced artists.

Like I said, posting art online can be a brave thing to do. Sometimes I feel nervous when I’m about to post my art. So it’s likely many others feel the same way when uploading.

All artists sucked at first and improved as they practised.
No reason given
Amphibian Swamp

I think should only downvote a new artist’s fanart if it’s harmful, traced, bad edit, plagiarism, art theft, offensive, insulting, ectc.

Basically, I felt pretty bad about drawing the ‘worst Rocky and Jazz’ Fanart on the site. (The two had less than 200 back then)

All artists sucked at first and improved as they practicsed.
No reason given
Amphibian Swamp

If some fanart is badly drawn I don’t think it’s fair that everyone downvotes it without saying something at least. Especially if it’s a new artist. Sharing your art can be a pretty brave thing to do, so I think we should encourage them to improve and give them advice.

I think should only downvote a new artist’s fanart if it’s harmful, traced, bad edit, plagiarism, art theft, offensive, insulting, ect.

I had so much fun drawing it and was so excited to show it. But when it was uploaded it got over 7 downvotes in the first hour. I was pretty bummed out when I saw that, like really bummed out. I wish I had some comments telling me why it wasn’t good.

Basically I felt pretty bad about drawing the ‘worst Rocky and Jazz’ Fanart on the site. (The two had less than 200 back then)

So yeah. It can suck seeing something you had so much fun drawing being disliked like that. So, instead of just downvoting, I think we should help the newer and inexperienced artists. Try giving them advice or pointing out where they can improve.

All artists sucked at first and improved as they practiced.
No reason given