Viewing last 25 versions of post by EyeGuy in topic What makes an opinion valid?

EyeGuy
Duck - quack
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Dreading Season 9
I have no idea whether this goes on the pony discussion thread, or this one, because this topic could apply to many things, but I feel like it applies to the brony fandom the most.

See, a long time ago, facts and opinions were easy to distinguish. Facts were things that were objective (for instance, "the sky is blue" is a fact), while opinions were things that were subjective ("the sky is pretty to look at" is an opinion). Simple as that, right?

But nowadays it seems like the boundary between fact and opinion has become blurred. Nowadays it seems like some opinions are more "valid" than others.

Every single time I defend something controversial about post-Faust MLP, from A Canterlot Wedding to everything the movie did, I get responses saying that these peoples' negative opinions are valid.

Are you saying that my positive opinions are invalid and that I'm wrong for liking MLP? If this is the case, then you understand why I wish for the show's cancellation.
No reason given
Edited by EyeGuy
EyeGuy
Duck - quack
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Dreading Season 9
I have no idea whether this goes on the pony discussion thread, or this one, because this topic could apply to many things, but I feel like it applies to the brony fandom the most.

See, a long time ago, facts and opinions were easy to distinguis. Facts were things that were objective (for instance, "the sky is blue" is a fact), while opinions were things that were subjective ("the sky is pretty to look at" is an opinion). Simple as that, right?

But nowadays it seems like the boundary between fact and opinion has become blurred. Nowadays it seems like some opinions are more "valid" than others.

Every single time I defend something controversial about post-Faust MLP, from A Canterlot Wedding to everything the movie did, I get responses saying that these peoples' negative opinions are valid.

Are you saying that my positive opinions are invalid and that I'm wrong for liking MLP? If this is the case, then you understand why I wish for the show's cancellation.
No reason given
Edited by EyeGuy