Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Background Pony #4CB8":](/forums/generals/topics/mario-discussion?post_id=4890397#post_4890397
)  
In a year, it'll be 40 years!

And before anyone tries to correct me stating, "Mario wasn't in 1981 Donkey Kong, it was Jumpman!"

Let me stess, regardless what some Youtubers say, _*Jumpman IS Mario._* He's even called "Mario" in-game in the arcade sequel DK Jr., and the NES remake of DK's instruction manual calls him "Mario."

Furthermore, Miyamoto & the Smash Bros. series even refer to DK as Mario's debut game, and one of Mario's SSB taunts references DK.

How much more proof do people need to understand "Jumpman" is not a separate/prototypical character, but just a prototype name. (That wasn't even uttered in-game, nor on the arcade cabinet, so you could still call him "Mario," and not contradict the game.)

Going back even further "Jumpman" wasn't even Mario's original name, but Miyamoto said he considered "Mr. Video" originally.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky