Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic Mario Discussion

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I'd disagree on western animation being too focused on gags, at least nowadays. Yeah, we hacve cases like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, where at least 65% of all the episodes are just disconnected collections of gags. And the first Steven Universe episodes were not particularly great. However, it's not always the case.

Over the garden wall is western and it's not as focused on gags as someone would expect. And there's the spanish film Birdboy, which is creepy, terrific, bloody, too real at times, etc. And some Pixar films of the last years, with the exception of Lightyear and the brief high school part of Onward, have scenes in service to the story, not the other way around. And then there's Kipo.

I'm not as critical as I was with Illumination in the past (because it's easy for me to find enhanced alternatives), but if the Mario movie ends up being minimally good, then that's a good thing.
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team