Viewing last 25 versions of post by Rainboom Dash in topic Singing Thread

Rainboom Dash
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rainbooms4Ever
"[@pixel":](/generals/singing-thread/post/3726619#post_3726619
)  
BTW do you know how to make it so you can record both the desktop audio and your voice in Audacity?

never could figure it out... I found something but then I saw you had to play your voice back through the speakers and at that point I'm just like "wtf"

I can't remember why I couldn't get it to work exactly... I think it HAD to be through the speaker you were playing the other audio through... I guess that means I could connect a different set of... oh, no, that wouldn't work... yeah, it was stupid... I don't like hearing my voice through my headphones... I just wear them on one ear so I can hear my voice...

Also, with the program I use, it records 3 audio tracks at the same time as 320kbps Apple mp4s... it records one with desktop audio and mic combined.... then one as just desktop audio and one as just mic... that way it's all ready to go but if something happens like the volume isn't loud enough on either one I can just edit it really easily by putting them both in Audacity

I guess how I do it works... just record a MKV and then extract the audio track and reconvert back to mp4... I usually recompress as either 224 or 256kbps mp4... I found that works amazingly well... even 160 sounds pretty good but I figure why not just go a liiittle more... I guess I could just do V0 mp3, too... eh, oh well

I usually record through either Spotify as that's 320kbps Vorbis, or find the 320 mp3 or lossless file.... as recording Youtube audio can be not very good quality sometimes... on newer videos and if it's compressed properly beforehand it should be fine... as they use 160kbps Opus now... but, still...

You know what, nvm, it doesn't matter... the way I do it is fine

It's not like my singing is that great anyway... it's not horrible but it's not really good either
No reason given
Edited by Rainboom Dash
Rainboom Dash
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
"@pixel":/generals/singing-thread/post/3726619#post_3726619
BTW do you know how to make it so you can record both the desktop audio and your voice in Audacity?

never could figure it out... I found something but then I saw you had to play your voice back through the speakers and at that point I'm just like "wtf"

I can't remember why I couldn't get it to work exactly... I think it HAD to be through the speaker you were playing the other audio through... I guess that means I could connect a different set of... oh, no, that wouldn't work... yeah, it was stupid... I don't like hearing my voice through my headphones... I just wear them on one ear so I can hear my voice...

Also, with the program I use, it records 3 audio tracks at the same time as 320kbps Apple mp4s... it records one with desktop audio and mic combined.... then one as just desktop audio and one as just mic... that way it's all ready to go but if something happens like the volume isn't loud enough on either one I can just edit it really easily by putting them both in Audacity

I guess how I do it works... just record a MKV and then extract the audio track and reconvert back to mp4... I usually recompress as either 224 or 256kbps mp4... I found that works amazingly well... even 160 sounds pretty good but I figure why not just go a liiittle more... I guess I could just do V0 mp3, too... eh, oh well

I usually record through either Spotify as that's 320kbps Vorbis, or find the 320 mp3 or lossless file.... as recording Youtube audio can be not very good quality sometimes... on newer videos and if it's compressed properly beforehand it should be fine... as they use 160kbps Opus now... but, still...
No reason given
Edited by Rainboom Dash
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
"@pixel":/generals/singing-thread/post/3726619#post_3726619

No reason given
Edited by Rainboom Dash