Viewing last 25 versions of post by Violet Rose in The Rain in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

[@YourPalContrail](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5168533#post_5168533)

For one, that puts the burden on the minority to remain in contact with the person they're trying to rehabilitate. This means that they have to expend a lot of mental and emotional energy* trying to explain to said subject why holding such views will harm minority demographics. It might not even work if the person isn't willing to listen or change their views, which leads to my next point.

It's not uncommon to say, for example, white supremacists to take a minority friend they know and mentally distance them from the demographic they're bigoted against, saying that their friend is "*one of the good ones*," such as Blaire White and Candace Owens with the Alt-right. In such an event, changing one's opinion of a single person is easier than getting rid of their bigotry.

And in an era with rising hate crimes and where people are still getting killed for their identity (Arbery, Trans Panic Defence, the Christchurch shooting), I don't blame minorities for not risking their necks to put themselves in contact with someone that wants them dead, for the probability of rehabilitation that might not even happen anyway.

*And considering the widening gap between the ultra-rich and the poor in America, most are living paycheck to paycheck and are one financial crisis from becoming homeless. Prioritising their own survival is understandable in a time like this, especially with COVID.
No reason given
Edited by Violet Rose in The Rain