Viewing last 25 versions of post by HeadlessHorselessHorseman in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HeadlessHorselessHorseman

[@BlitztheDragon](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5342749#post_5342749)
> If this rekindles the energy of 2020, I'd be surprised and delighted. Though as I said before I won't hold my breath.
>
> And if I had to guess how the Thin Blue Line fuckheads plan to spin this, chances are they'll focus on the cops in question being Black.
>
> But the wiser of us know that the race of each individual cop is irrelevant when the issue is the institution of policing itself.
>
> Repeal and replace that shit. It's been generations past due.

[@BlitztheDragon](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5342749#post_5342749)
> If this rekindles the energy of 2020, I'd be surprised and delighted. Though as I said before I won't hold my breath.
>
> And if I had to guess how the Thin Blue Line fuckheads plan to spin this, chances are they'll focus on the cops in question being Black.
>
> But the wiser of us know that the race of each individual cop is irrelevant when the issue is the institution of policing itself.
>
> Repeal and replace that shit. It's been generations past due.

On the one hand, there's no clear and obvious racial symbolism for protesters to rally around like there was with George Floyd. A white cop killing a black man by kneeling on his neck? You couldn't have staged those optics.

But the sheer speed with which the rest of the Memphis PD disavowed everyone involved, and the way they all but begged people not to riot before releasing the video, is incredibly telling. Blacks being held to higher standards probably does play a role, but even that only gets you so far; most of the Memphis PD is black, as far as I know.

There's no way to make this look like something other than what it is; five muscular guys beating a helpless, restrained civilian to death for no reason. It's what you'd see in a stereotypical Charles Bronson vigilante action movie to show how Dangerous Criminals Have Taken Over The Neighborhood.
No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman