Viewing last 25 versions of post by HMage in topic Downloadable Archive

HMage
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Silver Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

I eat tea
After the Tumblr events, I started wanting to have an entire archive locally. Even if it’s hundreds of terabytes.

Maybe it’s the time to reconsider the approach whether it’s feasible to offer a downloadable archive?

The way I see it, one day derpibooru can just disappear without warning, even if the the admins will try everything in their power to prevent that or restore it back.

Having an archive “just in case” ahead of time would be greatly appreciated, even if it’s not gonna stay up to date — better than nothing.

It’s doable — Wikipedia hosts a periodically updated archive.

I understand bandwidth can be an issue for offering that. Especially with bots already crawling entire site and downloading everything.
Reason: Double the, missing space
Edited by HMage
HMage
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Silver Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

I eat tea
After the Tumblr events, I started wanting to have an entire archive locally. Even if it’s hundreds of terabytes.

Maybe it’s the time to reconsider the approach whether it’s feasible to offer a downloadable archive?

The way I see it, one day derpibooru can just disappear without warning, even if the the admins will try everything in their power to prevent that or restore it back.

Having an archive “just in case” ahead of time would be greatly appreciated, even if it’s not gonna stay up to date —better than nothing.

It’s doable — Wikipedia hosts a periodically updated archive.

I understand bandwidth can be an issue for offering that. Especially with bots already crawling entire site and downloading everything.
No reason given
Edited by HMage