The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #5E45
@Inucroft  
Let’s be perfectly honest, the “this is my battleground and you can go elsewhere” argument is pointless. You have just as much right to make your own heavily moderated booru. Get a better argument.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Inucroft
I have no interest or stakes in nazi art on this site. So my reasoning for being against censorship have nothing to do with that. This site had the perfect system. Don’t like an image? Dislike it. Really don’t like it? Hide it. Hate everything about the image? Filter it. Was the image tagged incorrectly? You can even update another artists tags yourself.

Page break.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #5E45  
Bonus points: anti-censorship has homefield advantage here. “Go make your own site” is manipulative attempt to get us to surrender the homefield, given how vast majority of pro-censorship people are not invested (because they come from Twitter and other sites) or outright actively become disinvested via takedowns.
Background Pony #666F
@Inucroft  
GR8 B8 M8, or what? Do you actually mean what you’re saying? What’s acceptable to people and what isn’t changes almost constantly, no point drawing morality in here as there is essentially none.

But fuck it I’ll play your game.  
If they want such content then they can either go where it is more appropriate or maybe stop and think WHY it might not be a good thing.

Right?

Well if you have such a massive issue with this content, why don’t you just go to furaffinity or something and leave the rest of us who simply don’t care alone? I’ll tell you why, it’s because you’re a self-virtuous selfish twat who wants everything he likes adapted to him.

So no, get bent.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Inucroft  
Point being, we as individuals can censor any content we want to on this site, we don’t need to be babied with mod oversight on what can or can’t be posted just because someone might get offended by it. Anything can offend anybody, and that’s why there are filters.
Background Pony #666F
@Inucroft  
Riiight, because leaving a site isn’t infinity times easier than leaving a country? Cutting connections with people you met on the country you were raised in?

My God, you struck me as an idiot before but THIS. This is unprecedented, seek help.

This is our site just as much as your’s, and we’re going to fight for what is right.

Fighting?! Are you daft?! You bastards are literally pulling the plug on your own content and leaving. So good riddance!
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@MagpulPony

While you are end of the day, you just trying to object to censorship.

But, you’re fighting this battle, over Nazi content. Even if you disagree with Nazism ect, don’t you see how that paints this argument?

There are better hills do die on while trying to object to censorship.
Background Pony #666F
@Inucroft  
How about you actually disprove my argument. And maybe your point is… you know… wrong?!

If this truly were about fighting for the greater good artists would have cancelled their DNPs upon seeing the rules change, but you can clearly see it’s not about fighting nazism, it’s all about them sweet sweet virtue points on twitter. Them like and retweets.

This isn’t about being virtuous you dumb twat, it’s about feeling virtuous, always has been.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #666F  
Oh no, how dare people do the only form of protest they can on this site!  
Not like the Anti-Censorship clique started to file DNP requests when the ban on nazi content was annonced… oh wait.

What argument?  
That it’s okay to have Nazi content on a site because people can turn a blind eye to it? XD

How about you be brave and say that without the “Anonymous” checked ;)
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Inucroft  
No, I don’t. Because today it’s Nazi content. What about tomorrow? Censorship opens a door that can’t be closed again, and what it opens to is the idea that anything and everything is open to the possibility of being banned in a moments decision, regardless of what it is. Derpibooru already has a system ten times superior to that of many other massive websites that gives users large amounts of freedom, control, and yes, the ability to censor content at their own discretion. Nothing was wrong with this site.
Background Pony #666F
That it’s okay to have Nazi content on a site because people can turn a blind eye to it? XD

Pretty much, yeah. You can literally ignore it and your life will remain unchanged. I know it’s crazy but have you ever considered that the reason people are so desensitized towards this is because of idiots like you who keep crying nazi every time something offends them?
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@MagpulPony  
And this is the slippery slope falicy.

Lets rephrase this then. WHY are you so admiment that people ought to post Nazi imagery, many of which are not satire and simply trivialises the horrors they commited?
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #666F  
And you would turn a blind eye to your friend right next to you getting shot?  
No you wouldn’t, meanwhile I still walk past places where you can see it was bombed.

And I mean, this is a LIERIAL NAZI horse XD

Still waiting for you have have the bravery to uncheck that anon box ;)
Archive_Anon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Undesirable
If they want such content then they can either go where it is more appropriate

For the record Rule #4 clearly states the following:  
“Derpibooru is extremely permissive as to what we allow on this website, which means we allow images that contain themes which some may find objectionable. To help you avoid seeing images you may not wish to see, we have a tag filtering system, which allows for hiding of images that contain specific tags.”

“If you see images that contain themes you do not like, you should add the appropriate tags to your filter. Do not post comments complaining about the theme of the image. “

So really, not only are people in fact posting what you are complaining about in the appropriate place as listed by the rules, you are simultaneously breaking a rule by complaining about the theme of the image.

Why is it this rule has been so completely ignored by staff since the beginning is what I’m wondering.
Twiface
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
There are better hills do die on while trying to object to censorship.

Stopping it early is better than waiting for a “worthy cause” because it stops a precedent from setting in. Angry mobs can’t be appeased because then they’ll keep demanding more and more, kinda like a certain political party in 20th century Europe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed