Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #71FC in topic What happened to the "nude" tag and why?

Background Pony #71FC
"[@Barhandar":](/meta/what-happened-to-the-nude-tag-and-why/post/4125705#post_4125705
)  
I mean sure, I understand that in theory perfect tagging of "nudity" and "partial nudity" will do the trick, but in the reality the way people are tagging +__"nudity"+__ is really really messy. Even things like this (>>1887606 >>1883463) are getting tagged, and these aren't going to be filtered out by "partial nudity", unless we are going to stretch the definition of "partual nudity" really far. And not to mention actual misstagging (>>1897236 >>1897317 >>1688261) which is pretty common. "The culture of tagging" that would lead to "nudity,!partial nudity" perfectly filtering out all the clothes and leaving only full nudity just isn't there and in 6 years it hasn't appeared. So how exactly are you going to enforce better tagging of those things now?

There's also a rare case where one character is fully nude while the other is only partially,. This kind of itmage will have "partial nudity" as a tag and it will be filtered out by "nudity,!partial nudity" even though it has full body nudity, which person using this search query might want to see. I know it's a rare situation, but error is an error, and using "complete nudity" as a separate tag won't lead to this kind of bug.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #71FC
Background Pony #71FC
"@Barhandar":/meta/what-happened-to-the-nude-tag-and-why/post/4125705#post_4125705
I mean sure, I understand that in theory perfect tagging of "nudity" and "partial nudity" will do the trick, but in the reality the way people are tagging +"nudity"+ is really really messy. Even things like this (>>1887606 >>1883463) are getting tagged, and these aren't going to be filtered out by "partial nudity", unless we are going to stretch the definition of "partual nudity" really far. And not to mention actual misstagging (>>1897236 >>1897317 >>1688261) which is pretty common. "The culture of tagging" that would lead to "nudity,!partial nudity" perfectly filtering out all the clothes and leaving only full nudity just isn't there and in 6 years it hasn't appeared. So how exactly are you going to enforce better tagging of those things now?

There's also a rare case where one character is fully nude andwhile anthe other is only partially, so it will have "partial nudity" as a tag and it will be filtered out by "nudity,!partial nudity" even though it has full body nudity, which person using this search query might want to see. I know it's a rare situation, but error is an error, and using "complete nudity" as a separate tag won't lead to this kind of bug.
No reason given
Background Pony #71FC
"@Barhandar":/meta/what-happened-to-the-nude-tag-and-why/post/4125705#post_4125705
I mean sure, I understand that in theory perfect tagging of "nudity" and "partial nudity" will do the trick, but in the reality the way people are tagging +"nudity"+ is really really messy. Even things like this (>>1887606 >>1883463) are getting tagged, and these aren't going to be filtered out by "partial nudity", unless we are going to stretch the definition of "partual nudity" really far. And not to mention actual misstagging (>>1897236 >>1897317 >>1688261) which is pretty common. "The culture of tagging" that would lead to "nudity,!partial nudity" perfectly filtering out all the clothes and leaving only full nudity just isn't there and in 6 years it hasn't appeared. So how exactly are you going to enforce better tagging of those things now?

There's also a rare case where one character is fully nude and another is only partially, so it will have "partial nudity" as a tag and it will be filtered out by "nudity,!partial nudity" even though it has full body nudity, which person using this search query might want to see. I know it's a rare situation, but error is an error, and using "complete nudity" as a separate tag won't lead to this kind of bug.
No reason given