Viewing last 25 versions of post by Summersong in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
"[@Background Pony #EA45":](/pony/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread/post/4566655#post_4566655

)

Not every character necessarily needs to have a profound change.

Contrary to my earlier half-joke that "she was already perfect", Applejack _*does_* learn a few lessons over the course of the show - she merely doesn't fundamentally move her overall place in Equestria or experience a dramatic shift in persona on the level of Twilight or Fluttershy.

In Applebuck Season, she's punished for trying to take on the chores of 3 Apple ponies (one being Big Macintosh) all by herself and learns that letting people help doesn't make her look incompetent.

In Fall Weather Friends, she and Rainbow Dash get too focused on their interpersonal rivalry and end up taking last place together in the grand scheme of things and learns not to treat fun as work.

In Look Before You Sleep, she drops a tree on Twilight's house (and otherwise ruins her first sleepover) solely to spite Rarity and learns to appreciate opposing outlooks on problems.

In The Last Roundup, she boasts too soon and fails to secure the prize money from a world-class competition, and is too ashamed to face her hometown to admit it, so she tries to raise the equivalent of the prize money by working in other cities, thinking she "owes it".

She learns that, uh. Well. This one is complicated.

My main source for the "Applejack is already perfect" joke is the one Flim Flam bros. episode, where she goes "Dear Princess Celestia... I ain't learn anythin'! Gyuh-huck, I was right all along. : )"
No reason given
Edited by Summersong
Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
"@Background Pony #EA45":/pony/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread/post/4566655#post_4566655

Not every character necessarily needs to have a profound change.

Contrary to my earlier half-joke that "she was already perfect", Applejack _does_ learn a few lessons over the course of the show - she merely doesn't fundamentally move her overall place in Equestria or experience a dramatic shift in persona on the level of Twilight or Fluttershy.

In Applebuck Season, she's punished for trying to take on the chores of 3 Apple ponies (one being Big Macintosh) all by herself.

In Fall Weather Friends, she and Rainbow Dash get too focused on their interpersonal rivalry and end up taking last place together in the grand scheme of things.

In Look Before You Sleep, she drops a tree on Twilight's house (and otherwise ruins her first sleepover) solely to spite Rarity.

In The Last Roundup, she boasts too soon and fails to secure the prize money from a world-class competition, and is too ashamed to face her hometown to admit it, so she tries to raise the equivalent of the prize money by working in other cities, thinking she "owes it".

My main source for the "Applejack is already perfect" joke is the one Flim Flam bros. episode, where she goes "Dear Princess Celestia... I ain't learn anythin'! Gyuh-huck, I was right all along. : )"
No reason given
Edited by Summersong