Viewing last 25 versions of post by Amphibian Swamp in topic Pony Venting Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

[@Shimmering Spectacle](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5472596#post_5472596)
Not meaning to argue but...

I think it’s healthier to want pain and such on a fictional character, than on the actual people shouting at me in the first place.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Taking out your anger on some random cartoon character is better. As you’re not harming or wishing any harm on a real living person.

If you guys knew the situation I was in at the time. You wouldn’t be saying this stuff

Okay

>
>
>
> your pure rage towards a fictional character which is nothing but an animated computer rendered 3D model of a pony

That’s kinda the point. He’s not real. So I’m not raging towards something that is not a real living thing

Imagine being shouted at your own relative over something stupid you said you didn’t want to be part of. Same day almost every week, no warning. Just shouting and not listening if you say you don’t want part of it. Then one day a relative you trusted even more joined in, “defending” you in a way where it just made things worse

You’d want something to take this anger, grief and frustration, right?

Well. Taking it out on these people isn’t the best thing to do. So... why not take it out on a fictional character who has no emotions unless you want it to?

Think of it like beating up a pillow or ripping up (non important) paper when you’re really upset. Or playing a game where you break things to release these feelings on something not living.

Would have you guys preferred I shouted at some dumb CGI Pegasus or actually shouted at and maybe hurt my relatives? Hm?
No reason given
Edited by Amphibian Swamp
Amphibian Swamp

[@Shimmering Spectacle](/forums/pony/topics/pony-venting-thread?post_id=5472596#post_5472596)

I think it’s healthier to want pain and such on a fictional character, than on the actual people shouting at me in the first place.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Taking out your anger on some random cartoon character is better. As you’re not harming or wishing any harm on a real living person.

If you guys knew the situation I was in at the time. You wouldn’t be saying this stuff

Okay

>
>
>
> your pure rage towards a fictional character which is nothing but an animated computer rendered 3D model of a pony

That’s kinda the point. He’s not real. So
Im not raging towards something that is not a real living thing

Imagine
being shouted at your own relative over something stupid you said you didn’t want to be part of. Same day almost every week, no warning. Just shouting and not listening if you say you don’t want part of it. Then one day a relative you trusted even more joined in, “defending” you in a way where it just made things worse

Well. Taking it out on these people isn’t the best thing to do. So... why not take it out on a fictional character who has no emotions unless you want it to?

Think of it like beating up a pillow or ripping up (non important) paper when you’re really upset. Or playing a game where you break things to release these feelings on something not living.

Would have you guys preferred I shouted at some dumb CGI Pegasus or actually shouted at and maybe hurt my relatives? Hm?

No reason given
Amphibian Swamp

Imagine being shouted at your own relative over something stupid you said you didn’t want to be part of. Same day almost every week, no warning. Just shouting and not listening if you say you don’t want part of it. Then one day a relative you trusted even more joined in, “defending” you in a way where it just made things worse

No reason given