Viewing last 25 versions of post by Amethyst_Crystal in topic The My Little Pony Movie

Amethyst_Crystal
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
So, I'm trying to get an MLP fan friend to see the movie sooner than later. Their concern was that they'd have to play catch up on alllll of the seasons up until 8 before watching.

But I told them basically that the only stuff they 'must' watch before that is up through season 3, and maybe season 4. I haven't decided yet whether the s4 premiere/finale fits better before or after the movie in terms of twilight's character progression.

Bear in mind too, Allspark / DHX had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season in terms of canon. The only thing beyond s4 is, they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as Starlight Glimmer and Tree Hugger, Moondancer, & Starlight) for a few seconds during the first big musical number. That's it.

So would you guys say the only 'required' viewing to catch up on the movie's 'backstory' is up through s3? or s4 too?
No reason given
Edited by Amethyst_Crystal
Amethyst_Crystal
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
So, I'm trying to get an MLP fan friend to see the movie sooner than later. Their concern was that they'd have to play catch up on alllll of the seasons up until 8 before watching.

But I told them basically that the only stuff they 'must' watch before that is up through season 3, and maybe season 4. I haven't decided yet whether the s4 premiere/finale fits better before or after the movie in terms of twilight's character progression.

Bear in mind too, Allspark / DHX had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season thing in terms of canon. The only thing beyond s4 is, they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as Starlight Glimmer and Tree Hugger) for a few seconds during the first big musical number. That's it.

So would you guys say the only 'required' viewing to catch up on the movie's 'backstory' is up through s3? or s4 too?
No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
So, I'm trying to get an MLP fan friend to see the movie sooner than later.
Their concern was that they'd have to play catch up on alllll of the seasons up until 8 before watching.

Bear in mind too, Allspark / DHX had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season thing in terms of canon.

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as Starlight Glimmer and Tree Hugger) for a few seconds during the first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
Their concern was that they'd have to play catch up on alllll of the seasons up until 8 before watching.

But I told them basically that the only stuff they 'must' watch before that is up through season 3, and *maybe* season 4. I haven't decided yet whether the s4 premiere/finale fits better before or after the movie in terms of twilight's character progression.

Bear in mind too, Allspark / DHX had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season thing in terms of canon.

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as Starlight Glimmer and Tree Hugger) for a few seconds during the first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony

But I told them basically that the only stuff they 'must' watch before that is up through season 3, and *maybe* season 4. I haven't decided yet whether the s4 premiere/finale fits better before or after the movie in terms of twilight's character progression.

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as Starlight Glimmer and Tree Hugger) for a few seconds during hthe first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as sStarlight gGlimmer and tTree hHugger) for a few seconds during hte first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony

Bear in mind too, theyAllspark / DHX had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season thing in terms of canon.

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as starlight glimmer and tree hugger) for a few seconds during hte first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given
Amethyst_Crystal

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony

Bear in mind too, they had been working on the movie for a very long while, that's why it 'feels' like an earlier season thing in terms of canon.

The only thing beyond s4 is they spent a little time doing animated cameos of some s5 characters (such as starlight glimmer and tree hugger) for a few seconds during hte first big musical number. That's it.

No reason given