Viewing last 25 versions of post by ghostfacekiller39 in topic Unpopular opinion time

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
"[@MethidMan":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/1881455#post_1881455
"
)  
[
I can understand not liking an archetype plenty":](https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/10/24/1009032/large.png), but the explanations you're giving suck. There is a difference between saying you dislike a kind of character and trying to turn it into a discussion. If you want to discuss your reasons for disliking a character, then expect someone to discuss why they disagree with your reasons.

Anybody can do what you're doing in this thread with any character in this show. Just watch.

"I remember a couple of times where Applejack seemed to value profit and money more than anything else, like that one time where she wanted to go to the Grand Galloping Gala and her sole concern was selling things. I can't stand this kind of greed, if I wanted to take a friend places, I would like them to actually have a motive that involves friendship instead of personal profit. It makes her seem selfish and inconsiderate and I cannot stand these money-grubbing characters like her."

Do you see what I mean here?

AJ isn't a greedy or selfish character in the least, but if I pinpoint a couple of times where she did something that could be considered greedy then I could use it to literally ignore everything else that contradicts this claim and make it seem like she is just a greedy character. Some people will think "Oh, she did it that one time, ghostie must know what he is talking about" whereas others will think "I don't know, I think ghostie is full of shit, this one time in the context of this episode and AJ's character at large make this feel like an invreally out-of-proportidon criticism." Unfortunately in this case, I fall into the latter category for you.

If you want to pinpoint a minor aspect of a character's personality, e.g. Rarity offering Fashion Advice when she thinks it's needed or AJ caring a great deal about selling the goods she produces, and then blow it up like it's a hugely annoying, constantly grating thing that you can't help but associate with the entire character, then I'm just going to sigh to myself in disappointment and then proceed to write you an essay on why turning up examples that were at a 2 or 3 all the way up to 11 is something that sounds more akin to a parody of MLP Analysts than an actual line of reasoning.
No reason given
Edited by ghostfacekiller39
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@MethidMan":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/1881455#post_1881455
"I can understand not liking an archetype plenty":https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/10/24/1009032/large.png, but the explanations you're giving suck. There is a difference between saying you dislike a kind of character and trying to turn it into a discussion. If you want to discuss your reasons for disliking a character, then expect someone to discuss why Ithey disagree with your reasons.

Anybody can do what you're doing in this thread with any character in this show. Just watch.

"I remember a couple of times where Applejack seemed to value profit and money more than anything else, like that one time where she wanted to go to the Grand Galloping Gala and her sole concern was selling things. I can't stand this kind of greed, if I wanted to take a friend places, I would like them to actually have a motive that involves friendship instead of personal profit. It makes her seem selfish and inconsiderate and I cannot stand these money-grubbing characters like her."

AJ isn't a greedy or selfish character in the least, but if I pinpoint a couple of times where she did something that could be considered greedy then I could use it to literally ignore everything else that contradicts this claim and make it seem like she is just a greedy character. Some people will think "Oh, she did it that one time, ghostie must know what he is talking about" whereas others will think "I don't know, I think ghostie is full of shit, this one time in the context of this episode and AJ's character make this feel like an invalid criticism." Unfortunately in this case, I fall into the latter category for you.

If you want to pinpoint a minor aspect of a character's personality, e.g. Rarity offering Fashion Advice when she thinks it's needed or AJ caring a great deal about selling the goods she produces, and then blow it up like it's a hugely annoying, constantly grating thing that you can't help but associate with the entire character, then I'm just going to sigh to myself in disappointment and then proceed to write you an essay on why turning up examples that were at a 2 or 3 all the way up to 11 is something that sounds more akin to a parody of MLP Analysts than an actual line of reasoning.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@MethidMan":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/1881455#post_1881455
"I can understand not liking an archetype plenty":https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/10/24/1009032/large.png, but the explanations you're giving suck. There is a difference between saying you dislike a kind of character and trying to turn it into a discussion. If you want to discuss your reasons for disliking a character, then expect someone to discuss why I disagree with your reasons.

AJ isn't a greedy or selfish character in the least, but if I pinpoint a couple of times where she did something that could be considered greedy then I could use it to literally ignore everything else that contradicts this claim and make it seem like she is just a greedy character. Some people will think "Oh, she did it that one time, ghostie must know what he is talking about" whereas others will think "I don't know, I think ghostie is full of shit, this one time in the context of this episode and AJ's character make this feel like an invalid criticism." Unfortunately in this case, I fall into the latter category for you.

No reason given