Viewing last 25 versions of post by Philweasel in topic Unpopular opinion time

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
"[@EotD":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/3605611#post_3605611
[bq="EotD"]
) " 

> [
@LeoNero":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/3605606#post_3605606
)
>
Wallflowers is by far the more believable, or at least the less egregious. I mean they both have the similar backstory, being alone and friendless, except Wallflower is trying to get noticed, though underminded by her own shyness and it's not working where Starlight's friend moved away and that was all she wrote...literally. They're plans are the same, erasing the Mane 6's friendship, just that Wallflower is doing it spontaneously with a power she already has in a moment of anger while Starlight had to go and plan it out with deliberate intention and forethought but the scopes are much different. Instead of ripping apart the fabric of the world 7 times over, Wallflower is only going after the 6 and that's it, not ending the world as we know it. [/bq]

Well Starlight is a magically powerful adult who's had a great number of years to refine her ambition. I mean Wallflower is hinted as having that stone for months at best, where as Starlight's been magically talented from childhood. Starlight also likely has learned the value of patience, where as Wallflower's own plans are pretty opportunistic (to her detriment).

It's like comparing the guykid going for student council to the guy running for president.

There is one big difference between them that I can see. Starlight's quite extroverted, where as Wallflower's very introverted. As a result Wallflower used her powers to protect herself and take personal revenge, where as Starlight's first thought was to use her powers to build a society where she felt safe and comfortable. Still they're both ultimately self centered people driven primarily by bitterness over their own ill treatment, and prone to exponentially disastrous explosions of rage when crossed.
No reason given
Edited by Philweasel
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
"@EotD":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/3605611#post_3605611
[bq="EotD"] "@LeoNero":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/3605606#post_3605606
Wallflowers is by far the more believable, or at least the less egregious. I mean they both have the similar backstory, being alone and friendless, except Wallflower is trying to get noticed, though underminded by her own shyness and it's not working where Starlight's friend moved away and that was all she wrote...literally. They're plans are the same, erasing the Mane 6's friendship, just that Wallflower is doing it spontaneously with a power she already has in a moment of anger while Starlight had to go and plan it out with deliberate intention and forethought but the scopes are much different. Instead of ripping apart the fabric of the world 7 times over, Wallflower is only going after the 6 and that's it, not ending the world as we know it. [/bq]
Well Starlight is a magically powerful adult who's had a great number of years to refine her ambition. I mean Wallflower is hinted as having that stone for months at best, where as Starlight's been magically talented from childhood. Starlight also likely has learned the value of patience, where as Wallflower's own plans are pretty opportunistic (to her detriment).

It's like comparing the guy going for student council to the guy running for president.

There is one big difference between them that I can see. Starlight's quite extroverted, where as Wallflower's very introverted. As a result Wallflower used her powers to protect herself and take personal revenge, where as Starlight's first thought was to use her powers to build a society where she felt safe and comfortable. Still they're both ultimately self centered people driven primarily by bitterness over their own ill treatment, and prone to exponentially disastrous explosions of rage when crossed.
No reason given
Edited by Philweasel