Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979566#post_4979566

)

I'd argue the first attempt to reach her was the passive "I actually care about you" "[phase of their relationship,":](/images/1857084) before anyone realized she had ulterior motives.

But anyway, perhaps the show would've been better off with a bit higher rating to get her across more "properly."

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _*ehhhhhh_* I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "[seems to have forgotten Centaurs (and other beings) can learn magic":](/images/868688) (Tirek's FIENDship issue got a direct reference by Discord in the show) by saying "['unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":](/images/2443744) and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]||Tree of Harmony[/spoiler]|| thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"%[Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":](/images/169451) and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with in the comics, no other races having really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past as far as we know~

%

(Yes, I know "unreliable narrator" may be a thing, but it's also silly [they'd be playing Ogres & Oubliettes](/images/2443743) [D&D stand-in] in such a _*far off land where ponies are a myth_*, unless you're going with that being an ancient game as well, which I'm not fond of as an explanation)

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, on multiple levels, so it'd be really _*easy_* to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979566#post_4979566

I'd argue the first attempt to reach her was the passive "I actually care about you" "phase of their relationship,":/images/1857084 before anyone realized she had ulterior motives.

But anyway, perhaps the show would've been better off with a bit higher rating to get her across more "properly."

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs (and other beings) can learn magic":/images/868688 (Tirek's FIENDship issue got a direct reference by Discord in the show) by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":/images/169451 and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with in the comics, no other races having really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past as far as we know~

(Yes, I know "unreliable narrator" may be a thing, but it's also silly they'd be playing Ogres & Oubliettes [D&D stand-in] in such a _far off land where ponies are a myth_, unless you're going with that being an ancient game as well, which I'm not fond of as an explanation)

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, on multiple levels, so it'd be really _easy_ to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979566#post_4979566

I'd argue the first attempt to reach her was the passive "I actually care about you" "phase of their relationship,":/images/1857084 before anyone realized she had ulterior motives.

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs (and other beings) can learn magic":/images/868688 (Tirek's FIENDship issue got a direct reference by Discord in the show) by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":/images/169451 and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with in the comics, no other races having really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past as far as we know~

(Yes, I know "unreliable narrator" may be a thing, but it's also silly they'd be playing Ogres & Oubliettes [D&D stand-in] in such a _far off land where ponies are a myth_, unless you're going with that being an ancient game as well, which I'm not fond of as an explanation)

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, on multiple levels, so it'd be really easy to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs and other beings can learn magic":/images/868688 (Tirek's FIENDship issue got a direct reference by Discord in the show) by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":/images/169451 and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with in the comics, no other races having really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past as far as we know~

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, on multiple levels, so it'd be really easy to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs and other beings can learn magic":/images/868688 by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":/images/169451 and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with propin ther comics, no other races haveing really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past as farom whats we seeknow~

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, so it'd be really easy to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs and other beings can learn magic":/images/868688 by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best. ~"Also Zecora may or may not have used magic here in the show,":/images/169451 and potions being implied to be something ponies came up with proper, no other races have really tried to emulate or innovate on such a thing in the past from what we see~

Also comics are loose canon as a whole, so it'd be really easy to ignore anything lackluster they do with the three villains, if anything.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs and other beings can learn magic":/images/868688 by saying "'unicorns are the only creatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable at best.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As far as the "Season 10" comics go... _ehhhhhh_ I'm not really a big fan of the worldbuilding they've had thus far, with how Zebras, Kelpies, and Abadas have cutie marks (there's so many races including Saddle Arabians without them), how it "seems to have forgotten Centaurs and other beings can learn magic":/images/868688 by saying "'unicorns are the only bcreingatures rumored to be able to learn magic,'":/images/2443744 and I doubt it'll be graceful with that whole [spoiler]Tree of Harmony[/spoiler] thing, aside from characters I find mostly forgettable.

No reason given
Edited by AC97