Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Spinny":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979603#post_4979603

[bq]
)

>
That kinda sounds like Starlight in Every Little Thing She Does. (shrug)[/bq]

Not really, no.

[bq]

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: Everypony'll probably thank me for getting it all done so quickly. And Twilight will be thrilled I've completed so many lessons. Everypony wins![/bq]

[bq]

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: Ugh, fine! I've been avoiding the friendship lessons on purpose.

> *
*Twilight Sparkle**: Why?

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice?

> *
*Twilight Sparkle**: Baking a cake freaks you out?

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: Yes! Baking a cake, sewing – all of it! What if I was bad at it? I didn't want to be a disappointment to anypony, and I ended up being a disappointment to everypony.[/bq]
[bq]

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: I _*really_* messed up. I cast the spell because I was nervous about working with you on the friendship lessons.[/bq]

She did it out of social anxiety, not _*amusement/boredom._* She looks for validation/guidance from Twilight at many points.

[bq]

>
where she sold Trixie's wagon without bothering to consider her feelings, and even when Trixie made her feelings known afterward, Starlight's first instinct was to snap at her.[/bq]

Hmm...

[bq]

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: I traded the old, worn-out wagon that was too small for us, for this nice spacious one that we can both enjoy.[/bq]

Starlight had not understood that the wagon had sentimental value to Trixie, because she had shown her/communicated none of those signs in front of her, and she didn't explain anything regarding Hoo'Far wanting it. In her eyes, it was a "win-win," but she miscalculated, showing yet again a questionable ability to _*read_* others, which a psychopath should by all rights do easily.

[bq]

> *
*Trixie**: [stammering] Who said you could do that?!

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: Nopony. I just did it. [sighs] Now we both have plenty of room, and you didn't even have to give anything away.

> *
*Trixie**: Au contraire. I did give something away! I gave away my wagon... and my best friend!

>
[clatter]

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were better friends with that beat-up old wagon than you are with me!

> *
*Trixie**: Well, it's easy when the wagon is a better friend! It would've never traded you away!

> *
*Starlight Glimmer**: That's ridiculous.[/bq]

> **Trixie**: Oh, it is ridiculous. In fact, this whole tour is ridiculous! I don't even know why I invited you in the first place!
>

Even though Starlight was more in the wrong, Trixie also wasn't doing herself any favors by _*not denying_* Starlight's comment that the wagon was a better friend than her in her eyes, because that was only going to piss her off more. They mutually escalated the argument. Starlight snapped out of a perception of being _*rejected_* by Trixie (remember Starlight's _*entire motivation_* for becoming a villain? abandonment issues, which psychopaths _*don't have_*), Trixie snapped for obvious reasons. A psychopath would not have gone back for Trixie. They would've left her to rot when she served no further purpose, because no one has sentimental value to them.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Spinny":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979603#post_4979603

[bq]That kinda sounds like Starlight in Every Little Thing She Does. (shrug)[/bq]

Not really, no.

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: Everypony'll probably thank me for getting it all done so quickly. And Twilight will be thrilled I've completed so many lessons. Everypony wins![/bq]

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: Ugh, fine! I've been avoiding the friendship lessons on purpose.
*Twilight Sparkle*: Why?
*Starlight Glimmer*: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice?
*Twilight Sparkle*: Baking a cake freaks you out?
*Starlight Glimmer*: Yes! Baking a cake, sewing – all of it! What if I was bad at it? I didn't want to be a disappointment to anypony, and I ended up being a disappointment to everypony.
[/bq]
[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: I _really_ messed up. I cast the spell because I was nervous about working with you on the friendship lessons.[/bq]

She did it out of social anxiety, not _amusement/boredom._ She looks for validation/guidance from Twilight at many points.

[bq]where she sold Trixie's wagon without bothering to consider her feelings, and even when Trixie made her feelings known afterward, Starlight's first instinct was to snap at her.[/bq]

Hmm...

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: I traded the old, worn-out wagon that was too small for us, for this nice spacious one that we can both enjoy.[/bq]

Starlight had not understood that the wagon had sentimental value to Trixie, because she had shown her/communicated none of those signs in front of her, and she didn't explain anything regarding Hoo'Far wanting it. In her eyes, it was a "win-win," but she miscalculated, showing yet again a questionable ability to _read_ others, which a psychopath should by all rights do easily.

[bq]*Trixie*: [stammering] Who said you could do that?!
*Starlight Glimmer*: Nopony. I just did it. [sighs] Now we both have plenty of room, and you didn't even have to give anything away.
*Trixie*: Au contraire. I did give something away! I gave away my wagon... and my best friend!
[clatter]
*Starlight Glimmer*: Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were better friends with that beat-up old wagon than you are with me!
*Trixie*: Well, it's easy when the wagon is a better friend! It would've never traded you away!
*Starlight Glimmer*: That's ridiculous.[/bq]

Even though Starlight was more in the wrong, Trixie also wasn't doing herself any favors by _not denying_ Starlight's comment that the wagon was a better friend than her in her eyes, because that was only going to piss her off more. They mutually escalated the argument. Starlight snapped out of a perception of being _rejected_ by Trixie (remember Starlight's _entire motivation_ for becoming a villain? abandonment issues, which psychopaths _don't have_), Trixie snapped for obvious reasons. A psychopath would not have gone back for Trixie. They would've left her to rot when she served no further purpose, because no one has sentimental value to them.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Spinny":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4979603#post_4979603

[bq]That kinda sounds like Starlight in Every Little Thing She Does. (shrug)[/bq]

Not really, no.

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: Everypony'll probably thank me for getting it all done so quickly. And Twilight will be thrilled I've completed so many lessons. Everypony wins![/bq]

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*:
Ugh, fine! I've been avoiding the friendship lessons on purpose.
*Starlight Glimmer*: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice?[/bq]
[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: I _really_ messed up. I cast the spell because I was nervous about working with you on the friendship lessons.[/bq]

She did it out of social anxiety, not _amusement/boredom._ She looks for validation/guidance from Twilight at many points.

[bq]where she sold Trixie's wagon without bothering to consider her feelings, and even when Trixie made her feelings known afterward, Starlight's first instinct was to snap at her.[/bq]

Hmm...

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: I traded the old, worn-out wagon that was too small for us, for this nice spacious one that we can both enjoy.[/bq]

Starlight had not understood that the wagon had sentimental value to Trixie, because she had shown her/communicated none of those signs in front of her, and she didn't explain anything regarding Hoo'Far wanting it. In her eyes, it was a "win-win," but she miscalculated, showing yet again a questionable ability to _read_ others, which a psychopath should by all rights do easily.

*Starlight Glimmer*: Nopony. I just did it. [sighs] Now we both have plenty of room, and you didn't even have to give anything away.
*Trixie*: Au contraire. I did give something away! I gave away my wagon... and my best friend!
[clatter]
*Starlight Glimmer*: Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were better friends with that beat-up old wagon than you are with me!
*Trixie*: Well, it's easy when the wagon is a better friend! It would've never traded you away!

Even though Starlight was more in the wrong, Trixie also wasn't doing herself any favors by _not denying_ Starlight's comment that the wagon was a better friend than her in her eyes, because that was only going to piss her off more. They mutually escalated the argument. Starlight snapped out of a perception of being _rejected_ by Trixie (remember Starlight's _entire motivation_ for becoming a villain? abandonment issues, which psychopaths _don't have_), Trixie snapped for obvious reasons. A psychopath would not have gone back for Trixie. They would've left her to rot when she served no further purpose, because no one has sentimental value to them.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Not really, no.

[bq]*Starlight Glimmer*: Ugh, fine! I've been avoiding the friendship lessons on purpose.
*Starlight Glimmer*: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice?[/bq]

Hmm...

[clatter]

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Not really, no.

She did it out of social anxiety, not _amusement/boredom._ She looks for validation from Twilight at many points.

Hmm...

[clatter]

Even though Starlight was more in the wrong, Trixie also wasn't doing herself any favors by _not denying_ Starlight's comment that the wagon was a better friend than her in her eyes, because that was only going to piss her off more. They mutually escalated the argument. Starlight snapped out of a perception of being _rejected_ by Trixie (remember Starlight's _entire motivation_ for becoming a villain? abandonment issues, which psychopaths _don't have_), Trixie snapped for obvious reasons. A psychopath would not have gone back for Trixie. They would've left her to rot when tshey served no further purpose, because no one has sentimental value to them.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Not really, no.

She did it out of social anxiety, not _amusement/boredom._ She looks for validation from Twilight at many points.

Hmm...

[clatter]

Even though Starlight was more in the wrong, Trixie also wasn't doing herself any favors by _not denying_ Starlight's comment that the wagon was a better friend than her in her eyes, because that was only going to piss her off more. They mutually escalated the argument. Starlight snapped out of a perception of being _rejected_ by Trixie (remember Starlight's _entire motivation_ for becoming a villain? abandonment issues, which psychopaths _don't have_), Trixie snapped for obvious reasons. A psychopath would not have gone back for Trixie. They would've left her to rot when they served no further purpose, because no one has sentimental value to them.
No reason given
Edited by AC97