Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

"[@Background Pony #E406":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5056207#post_5056207
)  
Maybe?

I'm not sure what happened to the writers during the making of season 8, and I don't think anybody's really sure, but I'm gonna say this: If this is the best they could do with Starlight, I'd ask for a rewrite and a different approach. Maybe more Starlight episodes for season 5 (2 episodes wasn't enough, and I'm pretty sure some people know it), showing some consequences in character's actions, like in Putting your hoof down and One bad apple, defining a character with her actions and personality instead of using magic for every single action, and trying to make a unique character instead of making a powerful unicorn (for example, I've seen some images of Luster Dawn and I wish Starlight looked more like that character, with a more balanced color selection for the character without making it too saturated).

Something like Bab Seed, Diamond Tiara in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Princess Luna in Luna Eclipsed, Sunset Shimmer in Rainbow Rocks, Tempest Shadow in the MLP film... it's not that difficult. They can write that character.

Still,

I still don't know what happens in the rest of season 8 and the whole season 9, so I might need to finish it
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team