Viewing last 25 versions of post by ArrJaySketch in topic What if MLP:FiM was made during the 90's?

ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

"[@Kiryu2012":](/pony/what-if-mlpfim-was-made-during-the-90s/post/3381321#post_3381321
)  
I kinda think G2 (which had no cartoon), G3, and G3.5 (ugh) needed to happen first. I think Hasbro wouldn't have been as interested in getting a fire going for MLP had it not sunk so low.

_

My Little Pony Tales_* aired in 1992, just 5 years after the first _*My Little Pony_* cartoon just finished airing in 1987.

I have a hard time picturing it, but I think it's because I know too much about how MLP history actually unfolded. I think even with good writing it may have struggled. I really do think the Internet had a huge influence on advertising the show for Hasbro; I have to wonder if enough people would have been convinced to watch the show. I mean, I can't tell you how many people came into Pony _***really, really skeptical*_**. Would people have been convinced with clever advertising in the early 90s? In the early age of dial-up, especially after AOL offered a flat-rate plan in 1996, online video consisted of deliberately seeking out poor-quality video files that took a VERY long time to download.

It
_Socis_al media conteresting sted of thLink abveJout.rnal, Iwhich juwas typically text-heavy. Postinkg pictures wouldas have beeit of a pain, and strhuggles toa gvery deliberate process.

Y
opluTube, 4chasn, Twintter, MySpaceste, and bFaceBook didn'th exist until the 2000s.

...musing a bit more, I remember being a part of Invader Zim fandom in the early 2000s. YouTube hadn't been invented yet, and I was still on dial-up. I remember hunting down weekly episodes and downloading them so I could play them on RealPlayer. I think I only knew about Invader Zim because a friend got me into the show, not because of anything I saw online.

It *is* interesting to think about.
No reason given
Edited by ArrJaySketch
ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

"@Kiryu2012":/pony/what-if-mlpfim-was-made-during-the-90s/post/3381321#post_3381321
I kinda think G2 (which had no cartoon), G3, and G3.5 (ugh) needed to happen first. I think Hasbro wouldn't have been as interested in getting a fire going for MLP had it not sunk so low.

_My Little Pony Tales_ aired in 1992, just 5 years after the first _My Little Pony_ cartoon just finished airing in 1987.

I have a hard time picturing it, but I think it's because I know too much about how MLP history actually unfolded. I think even with good writing it may have struggled. I really do think the Internet had a huge influence on advertising the show for Hasbro; I have to wonder if enough people would have been convinced to watch the show. I mean, I can't tell you how many people came into Pony _*really, really skeptical*_. Would people have been convinced with clever advertising in the early 90s? In the early age of dial-up, especially after AOL offered a flat-rate plan in 1996, online video consisted of deliberately seeking out poor-quality video files that took a VERY long time to download.

It _is_ interesting to think about. I just think it would have been a struggle to get people as interested back then.

...musing a bit more, I remember being a part of Invader Zim fandom in the early 2000s. YouTube hadn't been invented yet, and I was still on dial-up. I remember hunting down weekly episodes and downloading them so I could play them on RealPlayer. I think I only knew about Invader Zim because a friend got me into the show, not because of anything I saw online.
No reason given
Edited by ArrJaySketch