Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Viewing last 25 versions of post by UnderwoodART in topic General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
I appreciate the replies to my post; I'm shocked that this is the first time I've seen a commissioner tag before, given the feedback. I'm still getting used to the details of tagging. I think this is an instance where a separate colour could benefit distinction (or the same blue as artists and editors).

I have a new question, though. I've just found the `2022` tag, and I'm a little confused as to its purpose. Given its size (263), it can't be applied to all art drawn in 2022, yet only a handful directly refer to 2022 in the art. I assume that it's only valid for the latter, but people seem to be using it to archive their uploads by period.

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `hnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, which the meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing an identifiable symbol like `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.

Update:
I've just discovered another problem. `rpg` supposedly exists for "role playing game", but I'm seeing images for "rocket propelled grenade". I suggest changing `rpg` to the full version, while also aliasing `rpg-7` into `rocket launcher`, to allow that to come up while tagging. (eg. >>2799383)
Reason: formatting + update
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
I appreciate the replies to my post; I'm shocked that this is the first time I've seen a commissioner tag before, given the feedback. I'm still getting used to the details of tagging. I think this is an instance where a separate colour could benefit distinction (or the same blue as artists and editors).

I have a new question, though. I've just found the `2022` tag, and I'm a little confused as to its purpose. Given its size (263), it can't be applied to all art drawn in 2022, yet only a handful directly refer to 2022 in the art. I assume that it's only valid for the latter, but people seem to be using it to archive their uploads by period.

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `hnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, which the meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing an identifiable symbol like `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.

Update:
I've just discovered another problem. `rpg` supposedly exists for "role playing game", but I'm seeing images for "rocket propelled grenade". I suggest changing `rpg` to the full version, while also aliasing `rpg-7` into `rocket launcher`, to allow that to come up while tagging.
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Update:
I've
just discovered another problem. `rpg` supposedly exists for "role playing game", but I'm seeing images for "rocket propelled grenade". I suggest changing `rpg` to the full version, while also aliasing `rpg-7` into `rocket launcher` to allow that to come up while tagging.
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Reason: formatting
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hhnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hhnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, which the meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing an identifiable symbol `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, which the meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing amn identifiable symbol `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, which the meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing am identifiable symbol `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express their feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, twhaich t'she meaning of is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing a symbol `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.
No reason given
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express atheir feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, that's meaning is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

In a similar vein, I think ships need a quantifier too, as the words they make can be quite confusing, especially between OCs. If not applying a `ship:` prefix, then enforcing a symbol `applexdash` `apple/dash` might work too.
No reason given
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

I have a new question, though. I've just found the `2022` tag, and I'm a little confused as to its purpose. Given its size, (263), it can't be applied to all art drawn in 2022, yet only a handful directly refer to 2022 in the art. I assume that it's only valid for the latter, but people seem to be using it to archive their uploads by period.

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express a feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, that's meaning is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

No reason given
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

I have a new question, though. I've just found the `2022` tag, and I'm a little confused as to its purpose. Given its size, 263, it can't be applied to all art drawn in 2022, yet only a handful directly refer to 2022 in the art. I assume that it's only valid for the latter, but people seem to be using it to archive their uploads by period.

Secondly I'd like to restate my interest in a "meme" designator, to clearly define specific templates. For example, the `Hnnng` tag is used by people to express a feeling about the art, not just art of the implied meme; art OF the meme should be tagged as `meme:Hnnng`. Similarly, there is a `the` tag, that's meaning is very unclear without a `meme:the` quantifier. There are plenty of other memes that are easily mixed with expressions or words, making meme-specific art hard to track, while also showing context to a meme that viewers might otherwise not know is one.

No reason given
Edited by UnderwoodART