Viewing last 25 versions of post by GyroTech in topic Fanon Style Hippogriffs and Classical-G4 Style Hippogriffs

GyroTech
Blitz - For supporting the site
Piaow!! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

The Prettiest Catbird
*EDIT for current consensus:
"

[
Poll":](https://strawpoll.com/f7cyh455
)  
Hippogriff should apply to both types.

G4 and the like should get the "Classical Hippogriff" subtag

The Cirrus variety should get its own separate undecided subtag

Suggestions include: griffequus, equigriff, demigriff, griffasus*

Also for those mad at me for changing the tags so hastily I apologize, but "[Joey has a full explanation of what happened.":](/tagging/hippogriffs-and-pseudohippogriffs/post/3380697#post_3380697

)

This is something that's bugged me for a while, but we have primarily two different distinct species tagged under the hippogryph tag. We have partial hippogryphs like Cirrus:

>>1474150p

Note that the only thing 'griffon' about them is the talons, or sometimes paws on their forelegs, and sometimes the tail.

And we have real hippogriffs like we have in the movie:
[spoiler]

||
>>1537059p[/spoiler]
||  
They have the entire front half of a gryphon, from beak to foreclaws.

Before the movie happened, one could argue that 'Well, we haven't seen hippogriffs in the show, so who knows what they look like.' Now though, we have a pretty clear clear idea of that and I feel these two species should be separated out.

On top of that, hippogriffs in the movie also line up with what hippogryphs from mythology line up to be, adding a further point towards separating out the two species, so one can easily find one, or the other, depending on what you're looking for.

Finally, even Cirrus, who's sort of the archetype who popularized that particular look has admitted that he's not really a hippogriff.
"

[
'But like, instead of pony x gryphon it’s hippogriff x pony. So more pony attributes, That’s my reasoning anyway!'":](/979607#comment_4258608

)

And, while you might be wondering, what do we call this new species, and well, equestria Prevails has given us a name in the past, "[grifling":](/1317878), and seeing no other name, I think its a fine one to adopt, though I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing as **griffling**.

That way, the two species can be separated out, its easier on everyone for searching and tagging purposes, and well, as I've shown, they arent really hippogriffs anyways, so we should be tagging them properly.
Reason: Poster request
Edited by Mildgyth
GyroTech
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

The Prettiest Catbird
"Poll":https://gstrawpoo.gll.com/viGFtkf7cyh455

Also for those mad at me for changing the tags so hastily I apologize, but "Joey has a full explanation of what happened.":/tagging/hippogriffs-and-pseudohippogriffs/post/3380697#post_3380697

This is something that's bugged me for a while, but we have primarily two different distinct species tagged under the hippogryph tag. We have partial hippogryphs like Cirrus:
>>1474150p
Note that the only thing 'griffon' about them is the talons, or sometimes paws on their forelegs, and sometimes the tail.

[spoiler]>>1537059p[/spoiler]

Before the movie happened, one could argue that 'Well, we haven't seen hippogriffs in the show, so who knows what they look like.' Now though, we have a pretty clear clear idea of that and I feel these two species should be separated out.
On top of that, hippogriffs in the movie also line up with what hippogryphs from mythology line up to be, adding a further point towards separating out the two species, so one can easily find one, or the other, depending on what you're looking for.
Finally, even Cirrus, who's sort of the archetype who popularized that particular look has admitted that he's not really a hippogriff.
"'But like, instead of pony x gryphon it’s hippogriff x pony. So more pony attributes, That’s my reasoning anyway!'":/979607#comment_4258608

And, while you might be wondering, what do we call this new species, and well, equestria Prevails has given us a name in the past, "grifling":/1317878, and seeing no other name, I think its a fine one to adopt, though I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing as *griffling*.

That way, the two species can be separated out, its easier on everyone for searching and tagging purposes, and well, as I've shown, they arent really hippogriffs anyways, so we should be tagging them properly.
No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
"Poll":https://goo.gl/viGFtk

Also for those mad at me for changing the tags so hastily I apologize, but "Joey has a full explanation of what happened.":/tagging/hippogriffs-and-pseudohippogriffs/post/3380697#post_3380697

>>1474150p

"'But like, instead of pony x gryphon it’s hippogriff x pony. So more pony attributes, That’s my reasoning anyway!'":/979607#comment_4258608

And, while you might be wondering, what do we call this new species, and well, equestria Prevails has given us a name in the past, "grifling":/1317878, and seeing no other name, I think its a fine one to adopt, though I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing as *griffling*.

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
G4 and the like should get the "Classical Hippogriff": subtag

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
G4 and the like should get the "Classical Hippogriff": subtag

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
*Hippogriff should apply to both types.
*G4 and the like should get the "Classical Hippogriff: subtag
*The Cirrus variety should get its own separate undecided subtag

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
*EDIT for current consensus: *
*Hippogriff should apply to both types. *
*The Cirrus variety should get its own separate undecided subtag*
* Suggestions include: griffequus, equigriff, demigriff, griffasus*

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
*EDIT for current consensus: *
*Hippogriff should apply to both types. *
*The Cirrus variety should get its own separate undecided subtag*
* Suggestions include: griffequus, equigriff, demigriff, griffasus

>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
Hippogriff s
hould apply to both types.
G4 and the l
ike should get the "Classical Hippogriff: subtag
The
Cirrus variety should get its own separate undecided subtag
Suggestions include: griffequus, equigriff, de
migriff, griffasus

This is som
ething that's bugged me for a while, but we have primarily two different distinct species tagged under the hippogryph tag. We have partial hippogryphs like Cirrus:
>>1474150p

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
>>1474150sp

[spoiler]>>1537059sp[/spoiler]

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech
GyroTech
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -

The Prettiest Catbird
>>1474150s

[spoiler]>>1537059s[/spoiler]

No reason given
Edited by GyroTech