Viewing last 25 versions of post by Sparx in topic Fanfic Writing General

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
"[@HJSDGCE":](/writing/fanfic-writing-general/post/3045284#post_3045284
"
)  
[
@PonyPon":](/writing/fanfic-writing-general/post/3045285#post_3045285

)

This blurb will probably be lost in the internet pipes so I might as well give you guys the general gist of what I'm planning. I'v decided on a merged setting containing various RPG or other video game themes with ponies but how I'm going to merg everything together is what I'm having issues with.

The story is non canon as hell for starters so I'm pretty much going to mess around a bit.

The Main story will mostly be focused on the mane 6 themselves

While there will be a few side stories focusing on other characters such as OCs while the main 6 were busy. Also maybe some focusing on one of the mane 6.

Now the crossover aspect I'd like to give it a try if I can make it work but I know it's overly ambitious but it'll help me improve as a writer so here goes.

In the past I said the setting would be a more heavily fantasy and magitech setting similar to RWBY/Final fantasy and borrowing themes of other RPG like settings.Airships, those special materials that forge better items,magical beasties that keep the unexplored/unoccupied lands interesting etc. I'd also incorporate a subspace/dream world that exists alongside the Real world. These are more of themes crossing over rather than whole franchises.

The ones set in stone as worlds ripped out the additional worlds crossing over would be Fœnum (Them's fightin' Herd's world) and then lands further from Equestria that went the extra mile with magic or technology (Who also have a rivalry of sorts)

BUT

There's an additional cast of characters from other franchises some of them ponified so they can.Like the Swords of justice from Pokemon I've got an idea of them being guardians from another world entirely that are currently in an eternal slumber while residing in Equestria

![full](http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/40/Swords_of_Justice.png/300px-Swords_of_Justice.png!

)

>>858874t >>858208t

Unsure how I would have characters from Kid Icarus appearing unless they were from an alternate kingdom from Equestria altogether.

Then there's Background characters from the show or the comics I'd like to try writing about as well.

So yeah I'm still kind of all over the place XD

I feel like I have so many ideas but no idea how to get them down without it being an outright mess.
No reason given
Edited by Sparx
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
"@HJSDGCE":/writing/fanfic-writing-general/post/3045284#post_3045284
"@PonyPon":/writing/fanfic-writing-general/post/3045285#post_3045285

This blurb will probably be lost in the internet pipes so I might as well give you guys the general gist of what I'm planning. I'v decided on a merged setting containing various RPG or other video game themes with ponies but how I'm going to merg everything together is what I'm having issues with.

The story is non canon as hell for starters so I'm pretty much going to mess around a bit.

The Main story will mostly be focused on the mane 6 themselves
While there will be a few side stories focusing on other characters such as OCs while the main 6 were busy. Also maybe some focusing on one of the mane 6.

Now the crossover aspect I'd like to give it a try if I can make it work but I know it's overly ambitious but it'll help me improve as a writer so here goes.

In the past I said the setting would be a more heavily fantasy and magitech setting similar to RWBY/Final fantasy and borrowing themes of other RPG like settings.Airships, those special materials that forge better items,magical beasties that keep the unexplored/unoccupied lands interesting etc. I'd also incorporate a subspace/dream world that exists alongside the Real world. These are more of themes crossing over rather than whole franchises.

The ones set in stone as worlds ripped out the additional worlds crossing over would be Fœnum (Them's fightin' Herd's world) and then lands further from Equestria that went the extra mile with magic or technology (Who also have a rivalry of sorts)

BUT
There's an additional cast of characters from other franchises some of them ponified so they can.Like the Swords of justice from Pokemon I've got an idea of them being guardians from another world entirely that are currently in an eternal slumber while residing in Equestria
!http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/40/Swords_of_Justice.png/300px-Swords_of_Justice.png!

>>858874t >>858208t
Unsure how I would have characters from Kid Icarus appearing unless they were from an alternate kingdom from Equestria altogether.

So yeah I'm still kind of all over the place XD
I feel like I have so many ideas but no idea how to get them down without it being an outright mess.
No reason given
Edited by Sparx