Bad pony art

Art Chat » Bad pony art Search Posts
A Masked Pony
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Praise The Sun.
@Joey  
Yep. He just needs to step forth, and ask for some help when needed. I’m not sure why he got so discouriged. I don’t reckon he’d recieve bad comments on his pics, not that i’d know but yeah. Nobody with a good state of mind and constructive criticism will ever put you down for trying. Hopefully OP has been seeing these posts and understands that.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Vree

Thank you, I appreciate that :)

@Trixie1995

Hard to say way. I guess it just depends on how someone responds to criticism or lack thereof. It can be potentially crushing to new artists to put a lot of effort into an image, and then get no response to it. I’m sure most, if not all, of us have been at that point at one time or another. Some people just take a lack of response as a sign that they need to continue learning and improving, while others may misinterpret that as a sign that no one cares.

Of course, there are a few people on any site who’ll be overly blunt and have no problem putting down an image/artist that they don’t like, without offering any constructive feedback or criticism. Normally though when someone does that on Derpi, such comments will get deleted if a mod is made aware of it.
FillerArtist
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I make stuff, I think.
To put this back on-topic (Bad art). Most of my 3D pone work is sorta bad.

Even then, I’m not really good at art, so my 2D work is sorta bad…? I dunno. I might be just too harsh on myself.
A Masked Pony

Praise The Sun.
@FillerArtist  
Your 2D is not too bad. I do see you’re trying out a bunch of styles though, which is good! (Btw, the topic was about OP. Someone who’s a little discouraged at the moment.) And 3D art takes a bit more practice to get ahold of. Do you sketch out your models before you start modeling or go right into it and wing it?
FillerArtist
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I make stuff, I think.
For models, I just wing it up. I’m more of a 3D prop modeler for games, as I’m decent at that. Making anything with a face is when I get issues.

As for my 2D art, I’ve been having a finger sore, so I can’t draw with a trackpad for awhile (something that surprised people for some reason)

Due to not having a tablet, I draw very slow, as I have to use a stabilizer, and even then, I have to draw really slow to get semi-decent lines.
Goremise

@Joey

I’ve been reading forums posts for well over 13 years…

and this moment right here, is a top 5 moment. xD

The power of mods being able to see through background pony compels you!
A Masked Pony

Praise The Sun.
Enough everybody. He’s fine. He made a mistake. Now if you want to help him, go here and give him some critique. He’s not a bad artist. Just was not confident at first.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Trixie1995  
We’re not mocking him for his art. We’re mocking him for poking a mod, even daring to ban him, until he got what he asked for. Mod even went out of their way to reveal OP’s identity, which is quite uncharacteristic. The admin here tend to be very protective of people’s privacy and right to be anonymous.

But he’s new. And it is a board for a kid’s show. So I can understand that he wouldn’t know, or even dream that the mods can do what they can do. But it’s still fucking funny.
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@dt

We generally do take privacy pretty seriously here. However, using anon posting or multiple accounts to sockpuppet could very well result in you getting called out.

We allow posting anonymously and using multiple accounts so that people can feel more comfortable saying something that may be unpopular, or avoid having their name attached to something they may want to be publicly connected to. Abusing anonymity/multiple accounts though is not their intended use.
A Masked Pony

Praise The Sun.
@dt  
I understand that. And he learned his lesson. I just think we should let it go for both the mods and Laurel Crown. Just saying, it’s enough this thread will more than likely be here for god knows how long. Like we all know, he probably did not know any better. Not to call Laurel dumb or anything. Just embarrassing incidents like this should be done once and forgotten. You know?
Laurel Crown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist - laurelcrown

I’ll confess: rather than admitting my fault for denying that is my art (because I didn’t want people to know I made it, long story short), I tried to defend my claim which led to… you know what happened.

Yes, I never knew that they could see one’s nickname even if he/she post something as “Background pony”. I never went to the thread section before. I only came here just to post.

Honest. The moment I saw that screenshot, the first thought it came on my mind was “oh s**t, I got busted”. Really, it was such a “conclusive evidence” that I couldn’t backpedal after that so I accepted the ban. I really dug my grave two days ago. XD

I thought I would get permabanned after that. Maybe because I met much more severe mods before.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Laurel Crown  
Hey, remember that time you went anon and posted that thread where you violated rule 0 and rule 10, and then dared the mod to ban you? That was funny.
A Masked Pony

Praise The Sun.
@dt  
I think he knows, he DOES NOT need a reminder. So how about we settle down before you borderline violate rule 0 as well? Leave him alone PLEASE? I understand you want him to pay for poking an admin, but comments like you just made can be considered a bit offensive.
Laurel Crown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist - laurelcrown

@dt  
Chill out, man.  
I know I made a mistake: I shouldn’t have provoked the moderators to hide my identity (until the incriminating screenshot obv), and I learned my lesson though said mistake.  
I made a second thread where this time I actually asked for personal opinion about my art style so this debate is not only pointless but also flame-inducing.

@Trixie1995  
It’s more like an universal rule of forum threads rather than “Rule 0”. Shouldn’t people (artists or not) respect each other rather than continuously harass each other just to prove a point?  
I think I should ask for the mods to close this case since it is resolved at this point.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Laurel Crown  
Mods can see who’s posting as background pony. As dt said - we normally do not reveal who’s posting anonymously, as we do take user privacy very seriously, but there are some times when it is necessary.

But here’s the thing - everyone on this site’s staff is human [citation needed], we’ve all screwed up at least once or twice before (there’s even a few mods/assistants with ban histories), so we know it happens. We’re not gonna kick you off the site permanently for one mistake - we’ll give you a warning or short ban, but we don’t hold grudges. As long as you learn something, all is forgiven :)

@dt  
Remember the eighteen times you were banned? Those were all funny too ;)

@Trixie1995  
I’m pretty sure dt was trying to be funny.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: We're done here