Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Flying Pancake  
@TheMagpulPone

It’s like a Brutalist pyramid on wheels.

The stainless steel it’s covered in is three times thicker than regular sheet metal, meaning it won’t crumple as easily to dissipate energy. That would be dangerous in a crash both for the driver and whoever they hit.

Some trucks have a step on the side to access the bed. Even if Tesla adds such a step, the tall sides of the bed are too much in the way. Plus the corners of the bed are too sharp and there is practically no rear visibility.  
full

It’s funny to me how Musk criticizes trucks as being the same for 100 years. No shit? Everybody already figured out the most practical shape to haul people and their cargo. But Musk has to be the smartest guy in the room, so he set out to reinvent the truck.

It’s worth noting as well that Tesla’s model lineup consists of very smooth and sleek looking cars. This “Cybertruck” does not fit at all with their look.
TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dynamic Pie
@kleptomage  
Aftermarket parts and customization is also part of what makes owning a vehicle, especially a big truck, so much fun. Taking something stock and making it your own. full full With the Cybertruck, it looks like you have only two options. Stock  
full Or Limited Edition.  
full
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
That’s a good point about the construction, I’d be curious to see how these react to a crash. I think I’d heard somewhere that Smart cars (or some other small car) had a problem like that; the passenger compartment was strong enough to survive a severe crash, but since there was nothing to absorb the impact energy passengers would be injured from the acceleration from the collision anyway.

I still don’t think side bed access is that big of an issue, though. Based on the side-by-side shot with the F-150, It’s still got about the same bed wall height as a typical truck, and I think the suspension’s supposed to be adjustable to the point that it might be slightly lower. (And if that’s the case they’d better be sure the reliability on that system is sorted out.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the switch from the normal Tesla look was an attempt to make it look “tough” enough to be taken seriously as a truck while still looking futuristic. It is still sleek in one major way:  
full  
I’d imagine switching an open truck bed to a gentle fastback does wonders for drag/range. I guess you’d just have to have a rearview camera running all the time?

@FerrariRacerF430  
I wonder if he goes by “if it’s not broke, try to break it?” Some of the stupidest parts of Teslas are really basic things that didn’t need overcomplicating. (E.G. Door handles, speedometer, glovebox, basic controls, doors).

@kleptomage  
They might be reconsidering allowing cameras instead of mirrors. That’d be great for drag, but even if that happens, I’m not sure where the cameras are on this.

@TheMagpulPone  
Bumpers, wheels/tires, and paint shouldn’t be a big deal, but I bet tapping into the electrics to wire up a new lightbar would be a little dicey.
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
Why did Mitsubishi carry over the name Montero in Canada? I mean, seriously? I can understand it in the US, but up north?

As of 2016 there were 458.850 Spanish speakers in Canada, that’s 1.32% of the population.
TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Flying Pancake  
Maybe, idk. It looks like a very enclosed and highly specific design. I’m not sure this thing would be easy or even practical to work on yourself. Or if companies like ADD, FabFours, Rigid, etc, would even attempt to invest in designing compatible components.
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
Chevy, for fuck’s sake introduce a new Express already. You’ve been selling the current one for 16 years now and the only changes you’ve made are new interiors and optional satellite radio. How do you expect to keep up with Ford like this?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide