The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Wasn’t particularly interested since I’ve never heard of Shang-Chi(though the same happened with GotG and look how that turned out), but damn this teaser is doing a good job of convincing me to give it a chance, the fight choreography is looking great
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Kiryu-Chan  
Same tbh X)

Never heard of the guy until like 1-2 years go but the trailer is getting my interested.

Also we are finally getting a Mandarin who isn’t some hired actor or evil businessman X)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Penguin Dragneel

It is. But that’s after a few years of MCU Thor where they were insistently declaring “Now, we know this looks like magic but don’t worry. It’s actually just Sufficiently Advanced Science. Sweet, magical science!”

Nobody was amused, so when Doctor Strange rolled around they finally stopped the game and said “It’s magic.”
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Kiryu-Chan  
…  
As a casual fight fan, a brown asian and someone who’s watched a lot of really good martial arts movies like the Ong Bak series, and The Raid…

Shang Chi’s fights looks OK. It doesn’t have jump cuts and I really appreciate it. I feel like they’re going to do a lot of styles and pays homage to Kung Fu cinema.

I see scenes reminiscent of WuXia films, Hong Kong gangster vibe and CGI Slo-mo Matrix thing. Very nice.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

MV Mechagodzilla’s outward design was really inspired that of the T-800 endoskeleton. Out of all the Mecha incarnations, this one stands out to be downright creepy, menacing and pure horror. It also acted like a freaking cold-hearted terminator when it was whooping Godzilla’s ass.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Penguin Dragneel

I don’t think it was ever stated why, but if I had to hazard a guess I’d say it’s basically what Darth said.

Remember, this was still just barely the 2010s. Movie producers were still squeamish about letting comic book movies be comic book movies and let them do what comic book books have proven could successfully done for a century already. They were still in the ‘Okay but nerds can understand magic wordspeak and a universe where Spiderman is best friends with the Human Torch, but actual people might not understand and be afraid of concepts like non-Judeo-Christian gods or a universe where Spiderman is best friends with Human Torch!’ phase.

Then Thor happened and both “nerds” and “actual people” were not amused at what is clearly magic not being called magic, and Avengers happened and it turned out “nerds” and “actual people” can in fact understand and not be afraid of a universe where Spiderman is best friends with Human Torch. So the MCU has been embracing the comic book aspect of their comic book movies since.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
apparently they censored the joke about deadpool wanting to fuck coulisses in the tv version of dp2…the fuck.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Toad and Yoshi are odd.

They’re both individual characters as well as entire species.

Kinda wish they gave the “main” ones names.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide