The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
This was previously in the vent thread but I moved it here:
What’s it called when the lone yet super important female character in an otherwise entirely male cast who was present during the first two parts of a trilogy totally disappears without a single goddamn mention in the third/finale installment?
It’s like the fucking writers are saying, “yeah we had a tough gal but since this is a dude-bro series for dude-bros we’re gonna end it off with a sausage fest because NO GURLZ ALLOWED in finales”, while simultaneously flipping the bird at every female fan.
Zincy and tehwatever, I’m 100% certain you two know what I’m talking about.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra
Funny you single me out coz I have zero idea what you’re talking about.
As in, I get the idea but my library of media references aint comprehensive enough to be able to pull an example.
Dex Stewart’s yer boy.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I’ll continue that “Absent important female from series finale” conversation later.
This is currently on my mind:
This lead to this…
ONE A WING. JUST ONE.
And yet people think this is stupid:
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I personally love that scene. Yes, it doesn’t make a lot of sense given how hyperdrives work in universe, but it was gorgeous and the sound mixing was incredible.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The sound design sells it. The silence, suddenly punctuated by that shrill whine and muffled rumbling roar. It’s legitimately fantastic.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@CaptainXtra
Bridge destroyed no one in control of the Executor caught in the Death Stars gravity.
I’ll grant you one A-Wing crashing into the Executor’s bridge on accident it seems is a stretch but the results is more believable.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The fleet formation makes sense if you view the Supremacy in the “sledgehammer” position of a dreadnought. The scifi fleet set up where your big, megaship wrecks shit at the front of the line with the other ships of the line serving as screeners and rear guards.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Like. I mean.
I spent a lot of time in high school talking with my friends about how such and such zombie movie could’ve happened. The last 2 years has really validated my position that yes, zombies can totally take over the world.
I was right for reasons dumber than I was arguing though.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The Rankin-Bass Santa Claus is an elder god.
He exists as an arbitrator between two vastly powerful elemental beings who are the personification of heat and cold, who each have the ability to plunge the planet into eternal winter/summer, and whose powers are only kept in check by the existence of Santa. So much so that him merely going on vacation is enough to unleash their godlike forces.
So clearly Santa is some sort of jailer, a warden to keep the elemental forces of nature in check.
Thus concludes my TED Talk.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Zincy
I’m just saying I’m pretty the were spread out around the Supremacy even just before Holdo punches it there’s a a shot at the First Order ships from the inside of the Raddus and the Star Destroyers even if they’re behind the Supremacy they look more spread from left to right but when the Raddus impacts they’re all lined up at the precise point for maximum damage.
@Dustcan
Interesting point but I’d argue the Zombie Apocalypse would be a flip around of our current real world apocalypse.
In that instead of fighting over wearing a mask it’s about guns like liberals that fought for gun control are now forced to take up arms but the refuse so they die out quickly.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide