Subjects of Equestria! We are pleased to kick off the Nightmare Night Festivities and the 14th anniversary of the return of our beloved Princess Luna! Join us in celebration!

The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP PROJECT 2025!
@Dustcan
Alright then, how about something like L4D Hunters?
They have their hands transformed into claws and can use their increased strength to keep a regular human pinned down unlike commons who can only wail on them with fists.
And yes, humans can transform straight into Hunter, and other specials, without becoming a Common in the process.
The Church Guy is a prime example:
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I think I misspoke.
I have no problem with special zombies. Shoot, I think the most entertaining zombie stories should have them.
I’m just a nerd who craves an in-story excuse for them.
Resident Evil has an entire lore dump about the T-virus strain B sometimes causing a secondary mutation in people with specific genetic predisposition. That’s cool.
L4D’s Green Flu sometimes causes special infected for in-story reasons that amount to “lol, because”. That works too, I’m not picky.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
My computer officially has foam insulation inside it.
To keep it cool, i just keep it in low power mode. it will get even slower on its own without getting hot.
This is because my environment heats up and cools down quickly. I want my hardware to be invincible.
I want my computer to take very low power, and stay slightly warm all the time.
Also getting more ram, which is a great way to add some power without making anything hotter or louder, in fact it will do the opposite.
I’m thinking about getting a soft tablet stand. thin devices can be vulnerable to the weather.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Really? You’re shutting down your DVD service?? This is literally how I watch most movies and shows! I legitimately cannot get streaming over here due to our monthly internet usage cap! How are we supposed to watch stuff now?!
For anyone who’s about to say, “Oh, people still use Netflix DVD?” According to an article I read a bit ago, Netflix DVD is primarily used by people who live in rural areas and whose internet will not allow them to stream movies or shows. Which happens to include me.
After September 29, I will be left with no way of watching movies. I cannot stream movies due to our internet speed and data cap, there are no video rental stores in town, and piracy is also out of the question due to the data cap. Plus we are at the ISP’s highest plan, so we cannot upgrade. In other words, the only solution for how we can watch movies now is… to move to a place with better internet.
Can Netflix’s decision be considered classist? I think there’s an argument to be made.
CaptainXtra

STOP PROJECT 2025!
And what I’m saying is this:
If the standard run of the mill zombie can overpower a standard human, then at least give a visual indicator as to why.
Strength Enhancement in the arms and legs through drastic skin color change, Increased Agility by having them leap farther distances than the average Joe ever could, or simply just give them good old slice and dice Claws in place of where their nails used to be.
An “equal to human strength” looking type zombie with none of the cues above should obviously not be winning more than it’s losing against competent human fighters in solo fights.
Basically these:
Will ultimately lose to this:
BUT THIS IS ANOTHER STORY:
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Maybe zombies don’t have to be stronger than humans individually. because of the way they spread, they could still easy end up outnumbering the noninfected even if they’re weaker individually.
Depending on how easily their infection spreads, they may not have be very very strong at all
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra
And competent human fighters in most of the zombie fictions DO, kick normal zombies’ ass. IDK which specific series you have a major complaints about, especially the little girl zombie pinning down a 200lbs riot police example.
The ones I see, most of the time these zombos overwhelm people either by sheer number or by the panic experienced by the human, making them unable to fend off something they should be able to.
It’s not uncommon for normal human grapplers even in elite levels to lose their cool and draw blanks when they’re on the ground and on their back, defending punches from above.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Meanwhile main survivor characters who have more or less the same level of strength as NPC victims can mow down hordes of them with melee weapons alone.
For every time you see a little tiny zombie take down a giant of a man, you see equal if not more amount of Joe Schmoe gaining superpowers and treating regular zombies like regular exercise.
Beth

In digital purgatory
You could have super zombies that gradually get weaker.
Then you would still have to add suspense by more zombies coming in, or maybe like the virus changes and all the zombies start getting more durable.
If they’re always stronger than people, and they can spread just from bites and scratches, even military people couldn’t get out of that for long.
Maybe doesn’t matter how you do the zombie, just as long as it stays consitant within the materials. discovering the rules of how they work is probably something the characters are always going to go through.

I can’t stop looking at computer stuff. My stuff is already perfect, i need to just get to work.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Goku Black
I live out in the middle of nowhere because it’s cheap.
Still pretty close to a big business area.
I like it because less homeless people obstructing my path.
I still need to get better internet out here, but for now i got work to do
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Goku Black
On bike i can get to a lot of job oportunities in about 45 minutes.
Cellphone reception sucks out here, and so do the miquitoes. i can no longer do this certain streaming thing i like to do with my friends, until i get better internet. Thinking about making a SFW art stream weekly just to pay for my internet.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Goku Black
My parents and I live on a mountain because they wanted a place that was more private and had fewer neighbors living close by than if we lived in a suburb or a city. It has its benefits, but the internet is not one of them–one ISP holds a practical monopoly in the area and they have a 100 GB cap for upload/download/streaming usage. So we are currently screwed unless we decide to move to a town or city, but since we’ve only just finished paying off the house, I don’t know why we’d sell it for another one just because it gets better internet.
We do have towns nearby, like within 30 minutes, but that doesn’t really solve the problem of “How do we watch shit with only 100 GB of internet split between a family of three?”
@SleepySteve
Makes sense.
Gods, I hate Netflix for this. Literally killing my ability to watch any movies or anything that isn’t on TV until I move out or something.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Artist -

Zamasu
@TheHappySpaceman
Makes sense. I mean, I wouldn’t want to move out of a house I’ve been paying for for 15-30 years either, even if it had crappy internet.
@CaptainXtra
I’ll put my money on Kuma, because I’m assuming he’s sentient enough to learn a martial art, which means he can adapt to combat situations better than the hunter, who mostly rely on instinct alone.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Kuma. Bears can already rip a man’s limbs off, so if he’s somehow losing in a strength match with a hunter it ain’t by much. He’s also got the size advantage.
Physically, the only real advantage a hunter has is their claws are sharp enough to decapitate someone with a swipe. But even then bears have much thicker hides than humans, so Kuma is likely to fair a bit better.
Kuma being a martial artist certainly helps.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Goku Black
Exactly. I’m planning on moving out once I get a sustainable job (gonna get an apartment in town), but until I do, I’m here with my parents, and I don’t really have any good options after Netflix DVD ends.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

Spooky in Spirit
@TheHappySpaceman
My internet’s actually pretty good for the most part. It’s got a few quirks here and there, but I’m actually surprised that I can stream my shit at a solid 1080p.
And this is in a rural area as well, mind you.
Buttlord Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Honestly i never really was a big fan of zombies, especially when compared all the other monsters from horror media. Zombies just seems to always do the same thing and are way too weak to be scary. I’m never really into Walking Dead and even Romero’s series no matter how great I think they are. This is probably why Resident Evil interests me so much. It gives much more than zombies and eventually deviates from them and goes for biological monsters and things more intimidating like people infected parasites who can wield weapons. I’m also really into the idea of fighting those things with martial arts. That’s pretty badass.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide