The time wasting thread [SFW] -NoFullExplicit/Grimdark

And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@QuasarNova

Oh, I do, but like you said, many of them are bittersweet. That’s why I like a good shoujo; if the relationship builds up correctly, the end will always be happy. I don’t mind realism, but not to the point where it’s basically an Oyasumi Punpun with lots of romance and women.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Everytime I see a character in any media I never think “That guys is too overpowered”, instead, I begin to think “Well, he has shown this powers and abilities so far.” Then I proceed to deconstruct those abilities and analyze them so that I can defeat them.

I never really minded God Mod, because I made a hobby out of beating those.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Whatevs

God Mode… stupid keyboard… is when you have a character with overpowering abilities that dwarf everyone.

Ok. Darth Vader. He is a force user, which means several psychic abilities are part of his arsenal. A weapon would be pretty useless since he can simply extend his hand and take it off. He has shown also the ability to choke people from a distance.

Fine swordmaster and despite being slow, he compensates it with keen tactical ingenuity and precision.

But, his entire body is wired and a strong enough electrical current can hamper him enough to make some damage and either risk to an all out attack or retreat and lure him into a trap. Then, since his combat style relies heavily on agressiveness and Sith use their emotions to attack, there is just a slight window to taunt him and make him lose control. But considering his experience he might reverse it back to the opponent and unless the trap involves a good amount of fighters and they manage to block their presence using force powers he is more liekly to find them.

And this is how my mind begins to drift away, until I can come up with a solution.
QuasarNova

@Shadow_the_Hedgehog

Which version?

@trashboat

I knew you would come with a Mecha… and I need to do a lot of researcj to even understand what a getter is to begin with (yeah, I know it’s a robot, but I mean, what type of energy it uses, what materials. Does the pilot plays a major role in supplying power to it? etc.)
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@QuasarNova

All righty then, how does one beat Mike Dawson?

@QuasarNova  
God Mode… stupid keyboard… is when you have a character with overpowering abilities that dwarf everyone.
Ok. Darth Vader. He is a force user, which means several psychic abilities are part of his arsenal. A weapon would be pretty useless since he can simply extend his hand and take it off. He has shown also the ability to choke people from a distance.
Fine swordmaster and despite being slow, he compensates it with keen tactical ingenuity and precision.
But, his entire body is wired and a strong enough electrical current can hamper him enough to make some damage and either risk to an all out attack or retreat and lure him into a trap. Then, since his combat style relies heavily on agressiveness and Sith use their emotions to attack, there is just a slight window to taunt him and make him lose control. But considering his experience he might reverse it back to the opponent and unless the trap involves a good amount of fighters and they manage to block their presence using force powers he is more liekly to find them.
And this is how my mind begins to drift away, until I can come up with a solution.

After reading this, I am reminded of a thing I saw earlier today:

full

Vader’s no stranger in feigning weakness either. So you could try to taunt him. But his actions may be a calculated response to get you to over confidently step into his field. As laid out, if he does wish to fail to achieve something, he will.

Also the Emperor did sort of shut him down, or put him for the course in the end. So there’s that.

On an irrelevant note “this crossed through my subscription notifications”: http://youtu.be/eHlDo3Zj_58 so I figured I’d watch it. To say the least: interesting. Though, I wonder about the like-dislike ratio. It’s really Vice being Vice, in a way.
QuasarNova

@Shadow_the_Hedgehog

Uuuuuhhh, I got two tough ones here, and I think on Alucard specifically even to this day.

Yeah, this is going to take some time, specially if I need to see/read every incarnation of Getter Robo to fully understand the mechanics of that universe.
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@QuasarNova  
First off, I deliberately chose something completely unbeatable, I’ll go with something not as unbeatable and Say Shin getter

It’s tough to describe getter, But yes, The Pilot supplies the Getter rays it needs to function, Getter rays are pretty much Humanity’s will to survive in the Form of some sort of energy
QuasarNova

@trashboat

I know you’re going to cringe about this. But it sounds a lot similar to Spiral Energy of, that-show-you-don’t-like-to-be-named

And I personally laugh to the idea of something being unbeatable. Nothing is invincible.

@AaronMk

Mmmmmmmm. You have a very good point there. And I did considered it, it comes with the experience part after all.
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@QuasarNova  
Getter robo Came first, So I say that Spiral energy sounds Similar to Getter rays,

Shin getter is the most powerful getter robo in existence (Barring the Emprah)

Getter robos generally have 3 forms, Getter-1 For general Combat, Getter-2 for Speed, And Getter-3 for Power and Underwater Combat

When it appeared in Super robot wars alpha, it caused EVA-01 Berserker to actually shut down in fear, then it proceeded to disintegrate EVA-03 with it’s Stoner Sunshine attack, breaking through the AT-Field like it was a piece of paper. Then it was discovered that Dr.Saotome had actually set Shin’s reactor output to just 10% testing power, and theorized that if Shin ever uses 100% of it’s maximum power, the explosion created by the power up would consume and annihilate the entire universe (What actually happens is much worse though)

Then we have Anime Shin Getter, which is theorized to be at around 1% of it’s maximum power.

Then we have Manga Shin Getter, which is powerful enough to alter space, create black holes, fly at the speed of light (faster than light in Shin Getter 2), and can throw multiple Stoner Sunshines at once. That is theorized to be Shin using more of it’s power, but still no where near 100%.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread is too big.

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.