Vent thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheSultanAkbar  
It was delicious. But just like if you is used to 240Hz screen and playing games at over 120 fps at 4k res (admittedly I never had the privilege to experience it) then a 60 fps at Full HD just feels…lacking.

Immigrant min-wage worker anime nerd introvert like me don’t got much comfort outside of being online, drawing (or writing or making music), playing games, reading a book and homemade food.

Yea it was good. NGL it was good.
anthroking

@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ  
Yeah and it’s becoming more of an increasing problem that people can’t understand the difference between them, like with how orcs are getting associated to the likes of black people and latinos, and it was a bit of a thing in the early 2010s to associate orcs with, but has come full force with that idea in the last couple of years.
anthroking

@Prince Areo  
I remember stumbling on the gore pics on here, about a week or two ago and my reaction browsing through on the vent forum topic was, hmm okay, okay, allright suddenly some pics of people skulls getting caved in and something about Ninji gambling on a fart after drinking some milk. So pretty much the usual on the Derpibooru forums, but jokes aside he probably is or is gonna be banned for spam more than likely.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@anthroking  
Me, a muslim, watching Goblin Slayer:

“What are you doing? What are ya tryna say here?! Are these goblins supposed to represent something or someone? why this goblin be raping white women? why they be unintelligent and unintelligible but simultaneously cunning and crafty? why are they non-redeemable? Why is there this one absolutely non-PC guy slaying all these niggas?”

Goblin Slayer BRO! What are you sayi–

full

YO AM I GETTING CALLED OUT?! AM I SEEING THINGS?! I’m definitely 100 seeing things. I’m hallucinating.%
anthroking

@tehwatever

@tehwatever  
Ah i thought the obvious joke would be the Al Bheds from Final Fantasy X. And i don’t see much outrage over jews and muslims associated with goblins as we usually see with orcs being associated with blacks and latinos.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@anthroking  
why would there be an outrage? there aren’t any high profile article talking about Goblin Slayer and its probably unfortunate parallel to what I’ve been experiencing from european narrative. People would usually just talks about it being EDGY with the rape scene at the start, das it. as a Berserk veteran imma tell you the rape scene didn’t faze me the way Berserk did.

Also The American Muslim experience is different. Muslims in the USA, along with the hindus and the jews, are proper smart cookies. They on average are more educated, have good jobs or own businesses. Compared to the immigrant slave workers and refugees that are in Europe.

In the Europe the narrative had been…well…  
full

Goblin Slayer where you at BOI?! I’m right here puttana! Come get me cabrón!

Is okay tho, I know Gob Slay isn’t like some analogy about anything. It’s just an unfortunate coinkidink is all.
Background Pony #EE25
@tehwatever  
Well not so much an outrage, and seeing people associate orcs with blacks and latinos getting to be more of a thing, i thought that the goblins being associated with jews and the sort would have been brought up as since some people seem to have associated them with such. And Goblin Slayer was okay, most people that talked about it usually just talk about the first episode and the anime toned down it from the manga version.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@TheSultanAkbar  
That’s cool. People like to LARP and escape that’s fine.

You know them Khajiit, Argonian, Orcs, High Evles, Dark Elves, Nord, Redguard and Imperials in The Elder Scrolls are like, stereotypes of ppl and or culture. Art imitates life, it’s kinda what artits and writers do. They grab abstract ideas, collected from their experiences irl, and shape them into something that may or may not represent their sources.

Ppl like fantasy and self-inserts and avatars, after all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide