Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is definitely a major step up from the original but if there is one thing that will always be better about the first game it’s with Rosalina. Sure you can unlock her at the end of 2 once you manage to get all 240 stars in the game (with Mario and Luigi) but even then she kinda just hangs around Mario’s planet and that’s it. In the first Galaxy game she’s actually apart of the story, you get to see her anytime on her observatory and best of all is her Library where she tells you the story of how she and the Lumas met which is nice to see some backstory in the Mario universe.  
All I can say is I’m glad she’s become more involved in the series moving forward.

@Red-Supernova  
Funny enough I still have my old strategy guide for Sunshine from when I was a kid, sadly it can only do so much good finding those coins though.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Dr_Osaka  
I had a second-rate player’s guide for Sunshine that strangely wasn’t from Prima Games so I don’t think it was that helpful with each coin location. That’s why I’m going to use Youtube this time.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
I recently rewatched the Super Mario Bros. Movie because a friend of mine said she never even heard there was one. It’s been years since I saw it, I remember growing up with it kinda so I was always aware despite it falling into obscurity, of course I only remembered bits and pieces and eventually when I did watch it again it ended up turning out bad so I just chose to forget about it.

So years later with fresh new thoughts on the film how does it hold up? Well let’s just say it’s a bit of a mix bag; I still love parts of the film and of course still have some nostalgia for it but there are somethings that are pretty bad about it, but full disclosure I actually don’t mind this movie as much as an adult, maybe because I’ve grown to appreciate certain things in life more not to mention it was pretty impressive to actually see a movie based on a beloved video game which overtime we would get more of and better ones like Detective Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog.  
I would absolutely love to see another Mario Bros. Movie done right especially if they would learn from their mistakes: Make the movie fully animated is pretty much what was needed for a Mario Bros. adaptation.

With that said there are plenty of things that I do like about the movie:  
Bob Hoskins as Mario and John Leguizamo as Luigi I thought were great casting choices  
The animatronic Yoshi puppet looked great  
All the little easter eggs to the games were cool  
And while the story is a little convoluted the idea of an alternate world where dinosaurs still exist and even evolved into humans is an interesting idea.

Anyways I suggest watching Cinemassacre’s Review and Rental Reviews since they do a good job of explaining how it works.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@igotnopicks  
Thanks for the link, I wish the first script for the movie was kept cause that would have been awesome, Super Mario Bros. is already a lot like Alice in Wonderland so makes more sense to do instead of this grungy Blade Runner setting.

I’ve been aware about Illuminations taking production (even though we’ve yet to see any trailers or promotional art) and while the company is competent in making animation they don’t have the best filmography so I’m a little worried but then again you never know for sure.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@igotnopicks  
Eh fair enough I guess, and yes I grew up watching the Mario shows and as corny as they are now they are still fun to watch (plus all the YTP helps the enjoyment all the more)
Background Pony #7DB1
I’ve been playing Mario games in all of March since the anniversary ends in April.
Background Pony #7DB1
My final stats before deleting the game off my Switch after the anniversary has ended:

Level 72

Total Time Played: 9:36:05  
Courses Played: 103  
Highest Ranking: 1  
First-Place Wins: 3  
All-Time Coins Collected: 30236  
Most Coins Collected: 1878  
All-Time KOs: 68  
Most KOs: 4  
Coins Collected via KOs: 4368  
All-Time Jumps: 21195  
All-Time Distance Traveled: 117758  
Greatest Distance Traveled: 459  
All-Time Enemies Defeated: 21347  
Most Enemies Defeated: 139  
Best Streak: Continuous Enemy Defeats: 10  
Best Streak: Single-Shell Defeats: 16  
Best Streak: Single Super Star Defeats: 58  
Blocks Broken: 1776  
? Blocks Hit: 2169  
Items Used: 1424  
Super Mushrooms Acquired: 210  
Fire Flowers Acquired: 752  
Super Stars Acquired: 352  
POW Blocks Used: 94  
1-Up Mushrooms Acquired: 16  
Most Players Targeting Me: 6

Enemies Defeated

Goomba: 16006  
Koopa Troopa (Green): 2570  
Piranha Plant: 1000  
Koopa Troopa (Red): 577  
Koopa Paratroopa (Red): 257  
Koopa Paratroopa (Green): 223  
Blooper: 161  
Cheep Cheep (Red): 119  
Bowser: 119  
Spiny: 103  
Hammer Bro: 101  
Cheep Cheep (Grey): 37  
Lakitu: 26  
Bullet Bill: 20  
Buzzy Beetle: 19  
Lava Bubble: 3
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
If what people believe it’s true, then the Mario franchise was put to rest by Nintendo.

It seems Nintendo is doing the same thing to Mario just like Hasbro is doing to Power Rangers since both can’t clear the air on the fate of the franchise amid internet shit.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Maybe didn’t think it was worth giving attention it was just some Internet joke.  
We Always new things like 3d all stars was a limited release.  
So you really think this is how nintendo would end one of the biggest franchises just stopping it When they were done celebrating the anniversary?
Background Pony #7DB1
Evidently Cullen Blaine, the director of the 80s RoboCop-like film “R.O.T.O.R.” (which is on RiffTrax) was one of the storyboard artists for “The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide