Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@igotnopicks
It makes me so happy to see the movie is a success and that fans and the box office are sticking it to the critics. I mean some of what I’ve heard is just ridiculous, and the worst one I’ve seen yet was from Grace Randolph.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
Me and my friends were joking about casting Mario characters for future movies and I came up with some of my own personal choices:
I think it wod be fitting if Daisy was played by Samantha Mathis from the live action movie, but for a more fitting choice I also suggested Kristen Wig on account of Pringus McDingus dubbing her voice with Daisy.
Susan Egan I would choose for Rosalina since I think her voice would be perfect for the character.
Many people suggested Danny DeVito as Wario which could not only work but would be fitting since Charlie Day has worked with him before, people have also suggested Pedro Pascal but I’m not sure that’s as appropriate a choice.
Waluigi I think should be played by Tom Kenny no questions about it.
I saw someone suggest Wallace Shawn as E. Gad which I think would sound great.
Kristen Schaal would be perfect to play Toadette.
James Franco should be Funky Kong just to connect with Seth Rogen.
And I didn’t have anyone specific in mind, but they certainly should bring in Jordan Peele to interact with Keegan-Michael Key; maybe another Toad or a Koopa who’s not working for Bowser or something.
There are some I didn’t include either cause I couldn’t think of anything like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, and I left out characters like Yoshi and Birdo just because I can only really see them using their in-game voices.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Let’s say you had to fight a bully (not physically) for two or three years just to remain a fan. Then two years after getting away from that bully permanently, and winning the fight, the movie ins announced. You get excited with each trailer.
Then you do something so stupid and embarrassing when you mention you want to watch it. So you aren’t allowed to watch it. But you are also offered to watch it with a younger relative, but they don’t know Mario. And remembering the incident from before, you refuse.
But the little relative watches it anyway to just rub it in your face. Everyone decides it’s your fault!
How would you feel?
Posted Report
Background Pony #FDD3
It’s quite Neat & Cool hearing Michael Jackson sing “Peaches” & “Jump Up, Superstar!”, everyone should check out Motif’s YouTube Channel for even more Outside the Box Ideas heh! :)
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@igotnopicks
Not that I’m saying that it should have that score because it doesn’t, not in a million years. What I’m saying is that I think people put their faith and trust too much in these review sites over the quality of a movie.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Mr.Myoozik
Well considering the movie is close to reaching 1 billion dollars

I think it’s safe to say people are ignoring the critics and just going to what is obviously a fun film that is incredibly faithful to it’s source material.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

I watched the movie in my dreams. Then we got to the train station, talking about something. Then we got on an old train after
Interesting trip in total. But I’d rate the movie a 3/5
Posted Report
Background Pony #FDD3
It’s quite Neat & Cool hearing Michael Jackson sing “Peaches” & “Jump Up, Superstar!”, everyone should check out Motif’s YouTube Channel for even more Outside the Box Ideas heh! :)
I heard the MJ Version of “Peaches” many times already, it’s pure Eargasm man! This AI Stuff has gotten to Insane Levels XD :D
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Here is some leaked concept art that some people have posted for the movie:

So apparently Toadsworth and Toadette were planned for the movie but were cut for some reason, same goes for Luigi’s Mansion though they definitely are saving that for it’s own movie.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka
They look great. (Love Mario’s bedroom.) Yeah, I wonder why they couldn’t use Toadsworth and Toadette. (Honestly, during the meeting scene Toasworth should of been in it.)
Maybe they wanted to focus more on Toad instead.
@igotnopicks
That’s weird, because the movie IS diverse.
Heck “Cyborg of TT” voices the Penguin King.
Maybe John is just being sour grapes, because he wasn’t asked to do a cameo in it.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Jade Kitsune
That was such a cool surprise as well!
Well after how well Uprising did, I’m not surprised if he has cold feet in wanting to make a successor since he might worry he wouldn’t do as well as before.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
@Red-Supernova
The funny thing is that when Mario gets a game over and “I’m finished!” flashes on screen, it’s not just a simple reference to the game over screen, but those words are how Mario felt because his dad and Spike had negative views on his decision to start his own business.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

My thoughts on the movie:
The scene with the brothers over the lavafalls was pretty! But I can’t remember much else of what happened in the movie. It had seemed they had scrapped many parts from the trailers, as I don’t remember seeing any of them. Like, by the trailers I through Bowser was going to the Mushroom Kingdom. But they went to him instead. The lava volcano was so good! But DK didn’t seem to have gone with them. Almost like the forgot he was in the film.
It was okay, but it wasn’t that great. Mario Odyssey was a far better tribute to the franchise||
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Jade Kitsune
That definitely was a deep cut for sure, also something interesting someone brought up was when Mario is hiding from Bowser in the pizza shop too afraid to fight a battle he knows he can’t win then see his commercial play and tells him to save Brooklyn to which gives him the courage to get up and not quit; basically it was the Charles Martinet voice that inspired Chris Pratt’s Mario to not give up essentially.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Something else I’ve noticed whether it was intentional or not; all the references to Punch-Out in the pizza shop aren’t just references to another Nintendo game as well as one Mario plays the referee, but it could also be a connection to Little Mac and how he is treated poorly for being small, but is able to overcome this by providing his worth in the ring; Mario has this same obstacle to overcome in the film as well.
Also I’ve joked before about Mario being similar to Steve Rogers being a shrimpy man who gains super abilities and is able to fight off an evil army, but the other thing that connects them is their determination to never give up even when they are down. I like to think Mario’s character is a representation for the gamers who ever picked up a Mario game or Nintendo game to play and even though they may lose some lives or get a game over they never quit trying to save the princess and get the end game screen; in many respects that is movie Mario in a nutshell.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide