Metokur, harrasser of internet critics and Anti-SJW (Moved to generals due to mistake,

Vortaxonus

Dedicated in part to a fellow member of the site and internet reviewer TheHappySpaceman.  
Here’s the thread that started off this thread, using a paragraph from the guy above as the link:  
“ Okay, first of all, referring to Angry Joe as a “Condescending White Man.” Look, I know that it’s easy for OP to overgeneralize like this, as a lot of internet critics can be describe this way, but… isn’t Angry Joe Mexican? In fact, I’m pretty sure he got detained fairly recently…56
But even looking apart from that, this entire thread reeks of overgeneralization in other ways. As if internet reviewers can only be “Condescending White Men,” whose screaming and getting angry at stuff is their entire act, or super serious video essayists. In actuality, I know plenty of internet reviewers who make comedic reviews that can’t be called video essays by any stretch of the imagination, but also don’t fall under the other category. Linkara, Rap Critic, Rock Critic, Cartoon Physicist, and myself are good examples: We all take a more comedic approach to reviews, often with exaggerated reactions to make it funnier, but we’re also clearly trying to make points and actual criticism, and can’t really be just stereotyped.
To split the entire YouTube demographic into those two very specific categories would be to discount the much broader spectrum, and is also, dare I say it, a rather Condescending White Man move to make.
Look, I get that a lot of this is just a reaction against Channel Awesome and the Nostalgia Critic’s style of reviewing. I highly doubt that this entire thread would have even happened if that document about Channel Awesome’s abuses hadn’t come out and #ChangeTheChannel hadn’t spread, causing the majority of CA critics to jump ship. But this two-sided point of view is just… not good.
One other thought. OP’s thesis statement is that “Angry reviewing leads people to mistake that for actual thoughtful literary/film/game criticism, so don’t do that.” But isn’t the viewer’s interpretation of that the actual problem? Even if one makes a review in a monotone where they just list the basic facts, people are going to come away from that with very different points of view, some of which are going to be really dumb.”

Also, as stated in the other thread by THS, Meto sent his friends harass another reviewer known as the cartoon physicist to the point that she has to shut down her twitter. So ya pretty noticeable start for this thread.
Vortaxonus

@TheHappySpaceman  
your more or less inspiration of this thread’s creation. also a mod threaten me with locking this thread, and after i made my argument i have yet to get a response. Hopefully they will be somewhat sympathetic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Offsite drama