Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Deactivated_20191124_01
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Did my post disappear? I can’t see it

Edit: oh I couldn’t see the page until I posted again.

Anyway there isn’t too many hard pay walls to start drawing. Colored pencils and a pack of printer paper is 4$. My first tablet was 60$. I guess i did steal software. I never went to school for art and art is my primary source of income.

Voc rehab pays for the engineering college.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #5AD0  
A pencil is a pencil; you might get finer or “richer” results with fancier ones, but a better pencil isn’t going to make you a better artist.

And two of them I know are “not privileged”, the other two I don’t know to say.

Stop giving excuses for not practicing art.
Latecomer

@The Smiling Pony  
If one wants a hard left reason for not practising art, one could just use it’s nature as a pure luxury, a waste of time while countless people suffer and die around the world every day. The hands that drew that picture could have been doing charity work, or advocating for the Cause.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@The Smiling Pony
If one wants a hard left reason for not practising art, one could just use it’s nature as a pure luxury, a waste of time while countless people suffer and die around the world every day. The hands that drew that picture could have been doing charity work, or advocating for the Cause.

No. Nothing in any left text I’ve read has advocated for that. The is a strawnan to the extreme. If anything the closest thing to the truth if advocating the cause, which is something of a position of aesthetics in Leninism.

Otherwise from Marx to Kropotkin art is seen as the most valuable thing to strive for (Kropotkin though adds anything personally fulfilling however) whether in production or enjoyment. But because capitalist production takes so much time and energy, we don’t leave ourselves the opportunity to do so. Or as it’s since evolved: as long as the goal of society is production for production’s sake we’ll always be trapped
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
In, say, Sweden or Finland, the state will pay you living wages so long as you create “art”, be it random sculptures made of trash or murals or short films. In other countries, like Spain, the state gives money for free to film/game studios, theaters, galleries, and other artist/creative collectives.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Pewdiepie got banned from China’s Internet btw. He’s honestly okay with it because he knew he was going to get banned anyway from his previous video.
@Scrabbleman
Good on him. I just wish there were more entertainers like him (and Matt Stone and Trey Parker) who refuse to suck the Chinese government’s dick.

China is like that one person on Twitter who resorts to blocking people because they were giving criticism, but can’t take any of it.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Stop trying to roast me, you use professional tools to make something like this.

literally just a HB, 2B pencil and a A4 canson notebook, some hours of my free time. I do this since years, it’s not something you learn in school, man. Just try it already instead of lamenting yourself.

My point is that the artists are mostly coming out of a certain privileged class and refuse to admit it.
And prices makes everything hard to afford. art school, learning. practice vs having a job to pay food and rent..

You think we are all coming out of rich family? You’re wrong!

I never had mommy and daddy paying me any art school, I made a CG class in the 2000s to learn serious graphic design out of my pocket because I wanted to do this; and this paid off, I still have to find customers and companies to hire me for a logo or commission me, and put every day of practice at the value it’s worth. Also it’s not the only job I do; mostly computer repairing which is something you learn yourself.

It takes years for anyone to make themselves, practice, this has no value, it’s not estimable, so end with that leftist rhetoric and bullshit privilege checking which is only disguised jealousy and a desire to not do anything.  
If anything - privilege is something you acquire with time and experience; and today I run my own business as a freelance; and sometimes, draw ponies or furries.

So yes I am glad I have this and a good situation, but I worked hard to acquire this, like everybody, again, we all start from nothing, and if your parents can help you achieve what you aspire to be, financially, even a little to get you the chance to study what you love may it be arts, science; technology or agriculture, it’s a huge plus cause they also worked hard.

I’m still thankful cause my father was electrician and that’s how I learned a lot working together and fix all kind of electronics stuff ; and this is perfectly normal.

@Ereiam  
Bien torché!

@The Smiling Pony  
Yes, it was the case here too in France, but subventions only applies to a certain kind of artists, especially through a complex mafia.  
You can not get subventions and then do whatever you want, mostly it’s just like someone buying what he wants, in this case; the state. May it be a modern art turd or the renovation of the patrimony.  
In the end the state/government is just another customer.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Latecomer
@AaronMk
Artists are often subsidized in left leaning countries…

Pretty much.

To expand the point. There was an interview with Naomi Klein I listened to a few days ago about climate change and the green new deal. Like likes the idea behind the green new deal but thinks it could go further. Referencing the Civilian Conservation Corp and cultural spending during the original New Deal she explores a concept of “private reserve, public luxury” to explore a concept of redirecting consumption in American society. While a serious green plan will probably hit at personal consumption, and good ecological behavior would be to cut back on buying stupid shit, the quality of life of the person should not go wasted at all. Cultural spending could be had in a big green new deal plan to revitalize our public spaces for improving parks, doing art, theater, and even getting people to and from places without the bullshit.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@The Smiling Pony  
Two weeks ago during the madrid game week I was just going around chatting with developers about funding and yeah, some of them have applied for “subvenciones para videojuegos” but a lot of them don’t make the cut.

Also as per usual they make sure the games being developed are dont hurt the benefactor’s image, so game devs cant just make whatever.

I can’t imagine the Ministerio de Educacion Cultura y Deporte (MECD) is going to approve, say, a game where you beat up disabled kids, regardless how artsy you make it.

unless maybe you give it a twist like the game is meant to reflect who you are and make you uncomfortable or all that artsy pretentious nonsense.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@tehwatever

Frankly the government controlling funding for what the content is isn’t unusual in financing. Any private investor is going to do the same, but they may also be controlling for whether the concept will even be profitable and what sort of power it might give over production.

Take the case of the Hobbit movies: the half dozen studios or more involved in the Hobbit movies made a long list of exausting changes before and during production to hit on certain quotas, making the lead dwarves the most handsome and pretty, adding a live triangle that didn’t need to exist, and all around interfering in not just production but sovereign law
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@tehwatever  
This.  
When you start accepting to get governed to what you will do; you just have the state as your customer, it’s pure economics. You don’t have the freedom to do what you, and what the market / gamers want, but need to follow the guidelines and politics of people paying you. Otherwise you know you can say goodbye to your project.

Source ? Few years of trying to apply in a collective of artists, under Holland and a lot of promises. This is complete bullshit. Real art - vidya or film included - needs freedom. As soon a government is involved and start throwing money it is different.

And well I’m not saying much for a future animation film produced in Europe from a rather young company that does cartoons ontop of a pub, but when the EU funds a movie, they want to see the scenario first and ensure the political correctness of the script, it’s a sine qua non condition, like the carrot and the whip. “Look money! You need money, right?”

@AaronMk  
It’s just business; may it be private or public, if you need a huge budget you can do what you want. Once you are done with doing that; then you can do what you want.

Hello Angoulème! Oh what the … ouch. So brave!

I, for one think the worst branch of my government is the “Ministère de la culture” it’s nothing but the ministry of propaganda. Everything you see on TV or in public galleries is funded by our money.

Wanna do a subventioned art school? “This year’s theme will be themed on LGBT rights. You can (must) parody Lepen/Putin/Trump/christianism ! But hey, not Macron or Merkel! Verboten! Achtung nein Merkel!”
Patachu

@The Smiling Pony  
The state funds what it wants but just call it what it is, it’s just commissioning and hiring people. If it was funding I could just ask for funds and start a career as a painter, and have the opportuinity to expose what the funders wanted on a modern gallery funded by the State like the FRAC.

I happen to have worked in this museum; the FRAC of Bourgogne Franche Comté for years, til it moved. Webesign and print essentially and all the visual comm. So that’s how it works. There is no political neutrality!

That’s not really normal cause it’s the taxpayer’s money. And whatever the region purchases or commissions is never what the public wants to see.

To be honest, it’s garbage and made me disgusted about contemporary bullshit, like everybody else.

(the installations… a wrecked car; a pile of mattress, a birdcage full of used tampons; a cinderblock with a box of raviolis… I think that’s at this moment I really found my political alignment.)
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

(the installations… a wrecked car; a pile of mattress, a birdcage full of used tampons; a cinderblock with a box of raviolis… I think that’s at this moment I really found my political alignment.)

You found your political alignment by deciding that some modern art wasn’t to your taste? Adorable.

I found mine the moment I realised major transnational corporations contribute the most to the runway greenhouse effect.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

it’s just commissioning and hiring people
this I agree, and that’s kind of okay, especially if you already are politically in line with your benefactor to begin with.

IMO it’s also practical and I think even advisable for studios, especially small / medium with little experience to get state funding. That’s why the devs I spoke with, a lot of them tried to apply.

Some went the Playstation Talents route (they had a dedicated section there). PS Talents is a spanish program by Sony Spain for spanish dev teams. I played what basically were demos and many were literally student projects. Winner of said program gets funding to make it into a finished game, which is then sold on PS Store. It must be PS exclusive for at least one year.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide